Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green bananas and other unripe fruit

Hi Everyone,
    I'm still missing my fruit but prefer to eat green bananas / sour fruit anyway - is that as bad (carb wise) as ripe fruit?

Thanks

The carbs are in the form of starch instead of sugar.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

AHr, ok

Comment

Cook the green bananas, you could make a good Caribbean meal with 'em!!!
        "My mom made two dishes: Take it or Leave it." -- Stephen Wright, comedian

Comment

I love cooked green bananas!

I was just on my way out to the supermarket. Just put them on my grocery list.
          .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
          ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Originally posted by muaythaimike View Post
            Cook the green bananas, you could make a good Caribbean meal with 'em!!!
            Or go for simple and fry them up in butter. So good.
            Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Comment

i roast green bananas with coconut oil and grate fresh ginger over them when they are done in the oven

Comment

I prefer the flavor of green bananas to ripe bananas. They're more tart and firm.

Comment

I buy 'em green, peel 'em, break 'em in half and use them in my smoothies.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                    I prefer the flavor of green bananas to ripe bananas. They're more tart and firm.
                    Yeah, I wouldn't say I eat them green, but I definitely eat them just *barely* out of greenness. Most people say they're best when start getting brown and soft and extra sweet. They think I'm crazy but I have always preferred them just slightly green still.

Comment

Originally posted by avocado View Post
                      Yeah, I wouldn't say I eat them green, but I definitely eat them just *barely* out of greenness. Most people say they're best when start getting brown and soft and extra sweet. They think I'm crazy but I have always preferred them just slightly green still.
                      Agreed. I find them best with a slight amount of green on the ends. What others call ripe, I call gross.
                      Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Comment

I also always preferred bananas more green then yellow. I have never cooked bananas but you all gave me some ideas!!
                        Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

A bananna with green tips, with a handful of almonds, makes a great snack!

Comment

I'm not sure if everyone is talking about the same thing. Many people call plantains green bananas. They are not the same fruit, although related. They are handled in different ways. Usually green bananas are cooked in stews or chowders or allowed to ripen. Plantains, when green, are used to make things like tostones (sort of a french fry replacement), mofungo (fried and mashed, then mixed with pork rinds). When yellow, they are usually fried with eggs for breakfast. I have known some people who let the plantain get black and eat it raw.
                            In the game of Rock, Paper, Scissors

shotgun always wins.

Comment

Ah Gator, I think you're right

Comment

Working...
                              X