Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to look for in an almond butter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What to look for in an almond butter?

    Is there certain almond butters that are worse than others?

  • #2
    Just look at the ingredients. The fewer the better.

    Comment


    • #3
      Eh, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just make sure your almond butter has no added sugar or, heaven forbid, trans fat. Any other difference between brands is likely negligible, at best.
      Remember, you are unique just like everybody else.

      Comment


      • #4
        I always buy the 26-oz jars of Maranatha brand at Costco for $5-something. Best deal around.

        Comment


        • #5
          I get mine ground fresh at a local market. Nothing by fresh roasted almonds in it.

          Comment


          • #6
            almonds and salt (optional). nothing else.

            Comment


            • #7
              do you guys prefer your almond butter from roasted almonds or raw?....I know in theory raw is more primal b/c you don't know who did the roasting and if it was at higher than preferred heats (therefore effecting the oil), but what do you like? Are the flavors real different? Which do you prefer?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dragonmamma View Post
                I always buy the 26-oz jars of Maranatha brand at Costco for $5-something. Best deal around.
                +1 Same here. Just one ingredient! Plus they last me months.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Razorburne View Post
                  do you guys prefer your almond butter from roasted almonds or raw?....I know in theory raw is more primal b/c you don't know who did the roasting and if it was at higher than preferred heats (therefore effecting the oil), but what do you like? Are the flavors real different? Which do you prefer?
                  I think the more expensive one usually are not noticably rancid. I bought a biona one the other day and the flavour is much different and tases fresher.

                  P.S always get nut butter with the oil separated at the top
                  "My mom made two dishes: Take it or Leave it." -- Stephen Wright, comedian

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The raw stuff is usually much stickier for some reason and I much prefer the taste of the roasted myself.... I also get mine at Costco since its by far the cheapest and largest.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I need to find a cheaper source, publics almond butter is like $7 for like 8-10oz
                      Starting Weight : 338lbs 6/11/2010
                      Current Weight: 266lbs
                      High-school Weight: 235lbs
                      Goal: ????

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Russ View Post
                        I need to find a cheaper source, publics almond butter is like $7 for like 8-10oz
                        Yeah I agree I'm paying 10.50 for a 12oz jar

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          fresh ground, $7/lb at the market, sooooo good. They have a grind your own machine at whole foods, but they are roasted almonds and teh flavor is not as good imo.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Go to your local Farmer's Market and they can typical make it there on the spot. Completely worth it and the cost is minimal. Being able to watch first hand for some reaosn always makes me feel better.
                            Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

                            Mary Pickford

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X