Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRIMAL snacks HELP NEEDED!!!

Hi peoples,

Just asking for a few ideas for snacks as i normally go for nuts and a fruit but i am aware of omeg6's and do not want to OD! Read a thread about omeg6's increasing leptin and insulin sensitivity so wanna be careful.

I generally dont snack, however on days where I am having a big muay thai sess i wanna get something in 2 hours before.

Otherwise, with primal meals i find i can go straight from lunch at 12 to dinner at 6 or 7 without needing a snack (providing meal has lots of fats )

Also my diet is mainly high FAT (60+%) low carbs (-20%) and good organic grass fed meats for protein.

Thanks guys, always appreciate the ideas and PB love

PS. for those of you who believe of follow metabolic typing...supposedly i am a protein type!! lol personally i thinkg they need a new type...the FAT type coz that would be me.

Comment

A couple suggestions for pre-workout snacks: sliced apple with nutbutter, celery with cream cheese
      "I am a member of PETA...People Eat Tasty Animals"

Comment

I don't normally snack, eat a fattier meal beforehand perhaps. Saying that, before a training session I might have half a banana if there is a lot of running involved.

Comment

how 'bout some tasty sardines if you're concerned about od on omega 6. yummmm!
          Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Comment

i snack usually in the late evening and it's usually pepporoni slices... just run of the mill slices from the store... it's like chips... but 0 carbs...

that or pork rinds
            March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
            Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Comment

Where do you guys find pork rinds that are not loaded with crud????

Comment

Originally posted by Steve1907 View Post
                A couple suggestions for pre-workout snacks: sliced apple with nutbutter, celery with cream cheese
                nut butter is jus the same as nuts...and often i find i can eat loads of almond butter....very moreish lol

Comment

thanks, forgot about them!! veryyy tasty

Comment

Mostly I just eat leftovers for "snacks" but I will also eat some buffalo jerky, a hard boiled egg, or a handful of nuts if leftovers aren't available.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherryl View Post
                      Where do you guys find pork rinds that are not loaded with crud????
                      what exactly do you mean by crud? pork rinds are fried in their own fat, so ingredient list should be "pork skin, salt"
                      Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
                        Mostly I just eat leftovers for "snacks" but I will also eat some buffalo jerky, a hard boiled egg, or a handful of nuts if leftovers aren't available.
                        Ditto. I don't eat much snacks but when I do it is often a small amount of nuts, hard boiled eggs, celery with nut butter...

A primal smoothie is a great choice. Little fruit, your favorite greens, little whey, healthy fats such as coconut milk or avocado or cacao nibs.
                        Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

I'm digging pork rinds lately. Funny, as a kid I thought they were just bacon flavoured "chips", along the same line as a cheezie or something.

I had my 9 year old daughter kind of digging the taste, then she googled pork rinds and watched a video on how they make them. Time to cut that kid's internet access OFF. ha ha

Comment

I eat dry roasted nori--you can find little snack packs at Asian grocery stores--they really hit the spot if you have salty/crunchy cravings. I used to have cravings a lot but now after a month of no grains the urge to snack has completely disappeared. Nori is a great source of iodine and has zero carbs.

Comment

If you are not sure you should snack and want ammunition, read the book "Mastering Leptin". Lots of biochemical pathways and other data to prove that snacking is a bad idea.

If you need more food before working out, he'd probably recommend making the previous meal larger.

Comment

Working...
                              X