Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is your favorite post workout food to eat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is your favorite post workout food to eat?

Just trying to get some ideas....care to share YOUR favorite post workout things to eat?

Oh, also...if you do not mind. I'd love to see what all you all are eating for breakfast. I do not want to eat eggs & bacon everyday...

Thanks fellow PBers!

Today I snacked on almonds after my workout. Having said that I do not work out hard or with great intensity. Some days I don't have anything.

As for breakfast I usually have bacon and boiled eggs. I also add fruit (berries usually). today I also added 2oz of mackerel. Last week I had salmon for breakfast. Don't be afraid to try steak, fish, chicken etc ... if you get bored with bacon and eggs.

Comment

Sweet potatoes and chicken breast

Bananas and eggs
      ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
      ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Comment

Meat.
        You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Haven't had breakfast the last few days, but I do love my omelettes! So many different meat and veggie combos to try I don't know if I could ever get bored of it.

oh and post workout is usually meat filled. However this depends on the workout and where I am and how I am feeling.

Ya I'm not much help am I? :P
          Last edited by Pessimist; 07-05-2010, 11:32 AM.
          The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being proven right or pleasantly surprised.

Comment

I always have sushi after the gym, it's become almost ritual. Lots of protein, Omega 3s, and it's clean and delish!
            Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
            Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
            Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
            Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

Yams and a hunk of meat.

Eggs, carrots, broccoli, bacon, spinach for breakfast. Either omelette or scrambled.

Comment

Cajun homefries with sunny side up eggs and avocado
                “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Comment

Bacon, Eggs, Coffee.

Comment

thanks for your input!

Comment

Steak n' eggs with beef marrow, lots of raspberries, coffee and cream

Comment

-Half a large sweet potato or 1 small sweet potato wrapped in a wet paper towel and microwaved until soft.
                        -3 - 4 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
                        -1 scoop vanilla flavored protein powder
                        -Cinnamon to taste

Mix it all together and consume.

Its even better if you make it the night before and then eat it when its cold.

You can't get any better than this.

Comment

In the last couple of weeks because my work hours have changed for the summer I don't eat breakfast I have coconut milk and coconut oil in the coffee I take to work... Then eat brunch around 11:30 or so which usually are leftovers from the night before... Is this a bad thing? Then have supper around 5-6, and I'm not hungry at all, I drink a lot of water too...

Since eating Primal I have a boiled egg or something like that after a workout..

Comment

post workout i normally make a smoothie from coconut milk and a tablespoon or two of coconut oil and a couple handfuls of berries and toss in some protein powder. But today i had half pound of hamburger and about three potatoes fried in butter and bacon grease with some homegrown spicy oregano a tall glass of beer and then an hour and a half nap afterwords.

Comment

Originally posted by Robeil View Post
                              In the last couple of weeks because my work hours have changed for the summer I don't eat breakfast I have coconut milk and coconut oil in the coffee I take to work... Then eat brunch around 11:30 or so which usually are leftovers from the night before... Is this a bad thing? Then have supper around 5-6, and I'm not hungry at all, I drink a lot of water too...

Since eating Primal I have a boiled egg or something like that after a workout..

I don't think it is. This is the exact schedule that many recommend for intermittent fasting. Eat stuff when you are hungry, good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X