Bacon not so great?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacon not so great?

Simple question: if bacon has high omega-6 content, why does Mark tout it so much?

Why do you think bacon is high in O-6? Its O-6/O-3 ratio might be lousy but the absolute levels are not enough to cause concern
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Mark doesn't tout it nearly as much as we do, and he's gone out of his way to exclaim that PB is not permission to live on bacon.

That said, my steaks were wrapped in bacon last night and my pistachio encrusted zucchinis were fried in bacon fat and their was a lot of bacon in the dinner salad.

Comment

I think of bacon as the Primal food mascot - to me it just epitomizes the anti-CW stance here at MDA and reminds me that fat is not to be feared! It's not something I eat every day.

Stats as of 3/1/12:
        5'10" female, 38 y/o
        Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
        WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
        DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
        EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

Comment

Stop resisting and accept bacon as your lord and saviour. It's easy to do and will reward you for a lifetime.

Comment

I've never seen the big deal about bacon. I only like it with burgers.

Comment

if you get qaulity raised uncured bacon... it's no worse than any other meat. if you buy the cheapest precooked ocsar meyer nitrate infused bacon you can find... probably not that great for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ommmmaggie View Post
                I think of bacon as the Primal food mascot - to me it just epitomizes the anti-CW stance here at MDA and reminds me that fat is not to be feared! It's not something I eat every day.
                I don't know about that, the salt is a bit questionable! But that is the only reason its so dam good, trust me Ive tried bacon without salt and it tastes worse than plain ham!
                www.beatingorthorexia.co.uk

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Comment

Bacon is overrated.
                  .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                  ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

I like bacon, but have gone without so much as seeing it for almost a month now. Not by choice but it was definitely out of mind... I shall purchase some soon... it used to literally be in everything I made so I guess I just over did it .
                    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Originally posted by rphlslv View Post
                      Bacon is overrated.
                      shameful. bow now and beg bacon for forgiveness. these words must never be spoken aloud again...
                      boom.

Comment

Originally posted by arthurb999 View Post
                        if you get qaulity raised uncured bacon... it's no worse than any other meat. if you buy the cheapest precooked ocsar meyer nitrate infused bacon you can find... probably not that great for you.
                        Agree 100%. I buy pastured bacon as much as possible. When I am unable to then I go for applegate farms nitrite free bacon. It is a very good brand that carries 100% grass fed beef hot dogs.

I don't eat bacon all the time. I will go days, even weeks without it. When I have it I tend to eat a fair amount for a few days straight. Then I go without it. Bacon is incredible.
                        Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

I have been having only 2 slices per day for a while. I try to get the uncured bacon...but if that isn't available I get the ones with nitrates...since I only eat 2 slices per day I don't think it will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by CindyWard View Post
                            I have been having only 2 slices per day for a while. I try to get the uncured bacon...but if that isn't available I get the ones with nitrates...since I only eat 2 slices per day I don't think it will kill me.
                            wow you can stop after 2 slices?!
                            www.beatingorthorexia.co.uk

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Comment

I'm pretty sick of bacon at this point. It no longer has the same allure it had when it was a "forbidden" food. Now that I can eat it whenever I want it's just like any other food, I'm sick of it all

Comment

Working...
                              X