No announcement yet.

Bacon not so great?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark isn't a dictator, and if he bashed every single sub-optimal food he would have no book sales. Who wants to buy a book from a guy who hates bacon?
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Pig is the 900lb gorilla....eat other parts if you don't like bacon per se.
      Whether you think you can..... or you think you can't..... your 100 % correct.

Comment

Originally posted by ommmmaggie View Post
        I think of bacon as the Primal food mascot - to me it just epitomizes the anti-CW stance here at MDA and reminds me that fat is not to be feared! It's not something I eat every day.
        +1
        I don't even eat bacon that often...but its like the most feared food of all of CW so I do like to throw it in their face a little. (Not literally, I wouldn't waste my bacon like that.)
        The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

Originally posted by SheGlowsPale View Post
          +1
          I don't even eat bacon that often...but its like the most feared food of all of CW so I do like to throw it in their face a little. (Not literally, I wouldn't waste my bacon like that.)
          I love it.
          Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

You had me at bacon.....................
            You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

Maybe just a little over rated, but oh soo good on burgers XD
              "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

Bacon is still underrated. Besides Bacon makes EVERYTHING better. I have the t-shirt to prove it.
                Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Comment

Overrated...underrated...whatever I still enjoy having bacon from time to time. I think the key is to find a source for good bacon as opposed to getting the crappy stuff at the grocery store.
                  http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Mmm I am eating some bacon right now.
                    View all problems as challenges. Look upon negativities that arise as opportunities to learn and to grow. Don't run from them, condemn yourself, or bury your burden in saintly silence. You have a problem? Great. More grist for the mill. Rejoice, dive in, and investigate.
                    - Bhante Henepola Gunaratana

Comment

For some reason I hadn't had bacon in about 2 weeks. Probably my longest stint of the year without.

Today though I had 12 slices of perfectly fried bacon, which I ate with the yolks of 3 soft poached eggs and a big-ass mug of coffee with cream.

It was heaven.

Comment

Working...
                      X