Need help tweaking my diet...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaohinon View Post
    How can you even call that a meal? I suggest eating cohesive food that actually tastes good.
    Oh trust me, I don't really consider it a meal either. Just a quick snack to meet my caloric needs. I know it's not completely paleo but I'm working on it.

Anyways today I haven't touched a single fruit or grain, and my mood and anxiety issues are much improved, but I seem to have trouble digesting meals with a high protein/fat content. I get these really nasty rotten smelling farts, they are very deadly and toxic. Could be because of my disbyosis.

Quick question, can I eat canned seafood such as salmon canned and fresh and tuna everyday. Sometimes when I am in a rush I find it easy to just grab a can of tuna. Or is there a problem with mercury poisoning?

Comment

You are eating quite frequtnly. Maybe your digestive system is in overdrive and going crazy due to the almost constant need to be working. Could you try going to 3 meals a day - bigger meals of course. i say lose the quinoa and buckwheat. use sweet potatoes. no more peanuts! get teh light canned tuna. it is not nearly as bad as eating swordfish, for example.

Comment

I think you're on to something here...last week I only ate three meals a day and my digestive system felt very relaxed. Only problem is I need about 3000 daily calories, which would make that 1000 calories per meal. I would sweat and feel shortness of breath after consuming such large meals, but it was satisfying. Still though, shortness of breath is some scary stuff especially if you have anxiety issues.
        Last edited by confused_monkey; 07-05-2010, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Really? 1000-2000 calorie meals are not a problem here. Try it for a while. Maybe just not before training...

However, after eating a shitload of coconut last night, I did feel short in breath. Not pleasant!

Fish is fine, and I even suspect that mercury is a big scam. I would eat it everyday and see how I feel.

I think quinoa might be too much for your digestive system to handle. I mean, half of the stuff usually comes out undigested for me...
          .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
          ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Even quinoa has to be fully fermented to make it edible. Back in my retard hippie food days I thought I was being oh so prudent soaking and sprouting my quinoa. Bahaha.
            Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Heck, even when I sprouted my quinoa it came out undigested.

Comment

I know, it has to be fermented over a long period. We-are-not-birds!

Chirp?
                Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Ditto on quinoa....it never digested properly. Wow, I must tell you guys I feel tons but I mean tons better today. I eliminated every grain, fruit, nut and all dairy, and have just consumed 4 whole eggs with spinach, onions, and garlic, topped off with a whole can of coconut milk. For lunch I had 2 whole cans of tuna mixed with half an avocado, 1 tbsp of coconut oil, cayenne pepper, and sea salt, with a big plate of broccoli and baby carrots. I felt a bit gassy after this meal, but energy levels are amazing. I just finished off my third meal consisting of three chicken thighs, with mushrooms, onions and red bell peppers, sauteed in olive oil, and wow I haven't felt this clear and energetic in a while. Only worries is how I will hold up after soccer practice, which I'm off to in a couple minutes.

Comment

Is 85 grams of saturated fat way to much? I just put in my numbers to Cron-O-meter and I thought they seemed a bit high. I know saturated fat is good but is there a limit. Also my daily carb intake was 121 grams and I was able to perform fine. I think I could get use to this low carb lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by confused_monkey View Post
                      Ditto on quinoa....it never digested properly. Wow, I must tell you guys I feel tons but I mean tons better today. I eliminated every grain, fruit, nut and all dairy, and have just consumed 4 whole eggs with spinach, onions, and garlic, topped off with a whole can of coconut milk. For lunch I had 2 whole cans of tuna mixed with half an avocado, 1 tbsp of coconut oil, cayenne pepper, and sea salt, with a big plate of broccoli and baby carrots. I felt a bit gassy after this meal, but energy levels are amazing. I just finished off my third meal consisting of three chicken thighs, with mushrooms, onions and red bell peppers, sauteed in olive oil, and wow I haven't felt this clear and energetic in a while. Only worries is how I will hold up after soccer practice, which I'm off to in a couple minutes.
                      Awesome! I'd say you're on a roll. Something to consider: I get gassy if I eat too many veggies at one meal. Not every body will react this way of course, but I seem to feel better when I eat fewer veggies. Your second meal, with a big plate of broccoli, would make me gassy and bloated.

Congratulations on your progress! Oh, and I don't know if 85g sat fat is "too much", but 85g fat is definitely not too much. I generally eat around 100g of fat per day. I don't know how much of that is saturated, though...hm, according to FitDay a little less than half my fat is sat fat. So, around 40g per day.

P.S. Let us know how you feel after soccer practice!

Stats as of 3/1/12:
                      5'10" female, 38 y/o
                      Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
                      WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
                      DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
                      EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

Comment

Originally posted by Stabby View Post
                        Even quinoa has to be fully fermented to make it edible. Back in my retard hippie food days I thought I was being oh so prudent soaking and sprouting my quinoa. Bahaha.
                        LOL stabby you crack me up!!!
                        "My mom made two dishes: Take it or Leave it." -- Stephen Wright, comedian

Comment

Originally posted by confused_monkey View Post
                          Is 85 grams of saturated fat way to much? I just put in my numbers to Cron-O-meter and I thought they seemed a bit high. I know saturated fat is good but is there a limit. Also my daily carb intake was 121 grams and I was able to perform fine. I think I could get use to this low carb lifestyle.
                          My average SF's intake is 120 grams... mostly from coconut. I think it's fine.

Comment

One word: fish oil.

Ok. that's two words... but I think it might help your skin.

My skin has really healed up with daily fish oil supplements, and 3-5 meals of fish a week. I have been going for sardines over tuna because they are much younger when caught, and haven't accumulated all the toxins higher-on-the food-chain tuna have when they're caught. I often take tins of sardines on hikes for really good mid-day energy.

I also agree with an earlier poster on this thread that suspects the mercury issue to be a hoax. It feels like a marketing scam to me.

Comment

Working...
                            X