Allergies to stuff people shouldn't be allergic to

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by avocado View Post
    I don't know. I mean, it's on boards full of people who don't eat glutens that I hear waaaaaaaaaay more about a multitude of food allergies and intolerances than any where else. I've actually been wondering lately if there's something about low carb or primal that increases food intolerances.
    I think a major reason this is so prevelant, is that people who have food allergies/sensitivities are often looking for ways to heal them, bringing them to places like MDA. That's my case and the case of many others. I don't think primal eating is in any way the *cause* of this type of stufff--more like a possible cure...

I also think MOST folks are walking around, ingesting food that is probably making them sick or feel like shit, and they don't realize it and are just accepting that that is how it feels to get older. (Which may be why you don't hear a group of folks eating SAD talking about their food sensitivities and how they are working to heal them all that often...)

I agree w/ a pp that YMMV. It is my *hope* that we'll heal many/most of our sensitivities through this way of eating, along w/ supplementing key nutrients and probiotcs... But I can't know what the future holds for us--we'll see what happens! It really has worked for some folks, and that's part of what keeps me trying! (I'd love ds to be able to eat almonds, strawberries and oranges w/out getting a rash at some point, among other things...)
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

Originally posted by FairyRae View Post
      I think a major reason this is so prevelant, is that people who have food allergies/sensitivities are often looking for ways to heal them, bringing them to places like MDA. That's my case and the case of many others. I don't think primal eating is in any way the *cause* of this type of stufff--more like a possible cure...

I also think MOST folks are walking around, ingesting food that is probably making them sick or feel like shit, and they don't realize it and are just accepting that that is how it feels to get older. (Which may be why you don't hear a group of folks eating SAD talking about their food sensitivities and how they are working to heal them all that often...)
      I think both of those things are definitely true. I'm just not sure that's all of it. Not sure it isn't either But I do still wonder about it.

Comment

I developed severe allergies to cats/dogs in my early twenties. Every year it was getting worse and worse to the point I would feel like I had the flu if I spent more than an hour in a house with pets. Since going primal (and I'm far from perfectly primal) I've had a few encounters with houses with pets and other than a few sneezes I have been fine! I still don't believe it and I keep expecting the worst when going to visit certain people but I keep getting better so you are definitely not crazy. I'm excited to see just how much better I can get over time my seasonal allergies and asthma are way better as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkRose View Post
          I converted nmol/L to ng/L so we'd be speaking the same units
          OMG I should have known. How INT_ of you. LOL.

Originally posted by MarkRose View Post
          Considering I weight about 275 right now, I should be taking 11k/day, or more to overcome my chronic deficiency. I don't enjoy eating that many pills though. I've yet to see the 5k pills for sale anywhere here.
          Yeah, about 40K per day for a month wouldn't be inappropriate.

iherb.com has 5k and I think 10K pills. vitamindcouncil.org has 50,000 IU pills through one of their links.

Originally posted by voodoo-anarchy View Post
          You're theory's not crazy, but it's not exactly true in all cases, either. I myself developed an apple/plum/nectarine/peach after moving to a different city. I've been primal for over a year, and I still get rashes.
          We already know your D is low though

Originally posted by FairyRae View Post
          (I'd love ds to be able to eat almonds, strawberries and oranges w/out getting a rash at some point, among other things...)
          My dd grew out of some major food allergies, incl eggs, nuts, and stone fruits. *crosses fingers for FairyRae* Another dear friend in our homeschool group has grown out of anaphylactic allergies to eggs and hazelnuts as well as less severe allergies. Another little friend is still anaphylactic to eggs but no longer reactive at all to fish or dairy. There is hope.

Originally posted by Katie82 View Post
          my seasonal allergies and asthma are way better as well.
          +1 but most of it was related, for me, to vitamin D levels....just getting of grains and sugar didn't do it.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Originally posted by cillakat View Post
            OMG I should have known. How INT_ of you. LOL.

Yeah, about 40K per day for a month wouldn't be inappropriate.

iherb.com has 5k and I think 10K pills. vitamindcouncil.org has 50,000 IU pills through one of their links.
            You know me too well, tailkitten! It's kinda creepy being so understood. lol

Thanks for the links! I will have to check them out... it would sure beat eating 20 1k bills like I did last night.
            The secret to Zen is just two words: not always so!

Comment

Originally posted by Griff View Post
              Not crazy at all. Before I went Primal just under a year ago, I was violently allergic to peaches and other stone fruits, strawberries, and kiwi. I've had strawberries and no reaction. I had half a peach the other day and no reaction. I'm convinced.
              thats awesome!

Comment

Working...
              X