excess protein

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• excess protein

it seems like a lot of the recipes are protein heavy.

i think that i am gaining body fat from eating too much protein, especially red meat. anyone else experience this?

is this diet similar dr kwasnieski's optimal diet?

i think he recommends more fat than this one.

Hard to be sure without knowing what you eat. More than likely you are eating too many calories.

Comment

no

it's not calories.

i can eat pretty much endless carbs, fruit, grains, fat, saturated fat and some dairy, and not gain weight. i'm getting ripped eating carbs for the first time in my life. grains don't digest well at all so i don't eat them much except for experimentation and they aren't a long term solution. i can eat white bread and potatoes all day long and get ripped just watching tv.

it's mainly the meat and fish that make me fat. modest amounts of white meat don't cause a problem, but i can still feel that it is not good. the red meats are the culprit. i used to eat tons of red meat with no problems whatsoever like most primal eaters.

i've been paleo for about 20 years so maybe it's not so good to do forever, or maybe like kwasniewski says that after some time on the diet you need to cut back even further on protein consumption.

asking someone who has only been paleo for 1 year is pretty ridiculous, but there aren't that many people who have been doing it for a few decades.

the paleo foods digest perfectly, so i don't think it is a fad diet.

Comment

Originally posted by paul101 View Post
        it's not calories.

i can eat pretty much endless carbs, fruit, grains, fat, saturated fat and some dairy, and not gain weight. i'm getting ripped eating carbs for the first time in my life. grains don't digest well at all so i don't eat them much except for experimentation and they aren't a long term solution. i can eat white bread and potatoes all day long and get ripped just watching tv.
        What?
        I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Look at his other posts. He's probably a troll.
          You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Hard to believe that protein would be the culprit. But do whatever feels best for your body.
            sigpic
            In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Comment

Working...
            X