Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have been trying to drop sweetners for my coffe for a while.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been trying to drop sweetners for my coffe for a while.

Any ideas? Which milk should I be adding to coffee? I don't use much 2% now just wondering what most Pbers used.

Hwc ftw

Comment

I typically drink my coffee straight black. Sometimes I'll throw in some coconut milk if I want creamy. Rarely, but on occasion I'll add a few drops of liquid stevia for sweetness.

Comment

Is coconut real sweet? Can you drink coconut milk straight up?

Comment

I used to put in lots of cream - now I put in a tablespoon of coconut oil. Yum.

Comment

Coconut has a subtle sweetness. Not much but it's tasty. I've never tried the coconut oil. Still too pricey for my budget.

Comment

Heavy cream...or half heavy cream and half coconut milk. I chill my coconut milk and only add in the 'thickened' portions. I have never added sugar in my coffee, but to me, add in cream and it almost tastes 'sweet' to me.
              Erin
              Daily Vlogs
              Primal Pets Blog

Comment

Here is the Lou Ana coconut oil I use. Anything wrong with these nutritional facts?

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1 Tbsp (14g)
                Amount per Serving

* Calories 120 Calories from Fat 120

% Daily Value *

* Total Fat 14g 22%
                * Saturated Fat 12g 60%
                * Monounsaturated Fat 1g
                * Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
                * Trans Fat 0g
                * Sodium 0mg 0%
                * Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%
                * Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
                * Protein 0g

Comment

Just do it! I'm in the process of not putting splenda in my coffee anymore...I put either heavy cream or half heavy cream half coconut milk..the added creaminess really does help me not need to add sweetness to it. Ive been doing it for about 3 weeks now and while I'm still not 100% used to it its definitely drinkable for me now!
                  The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

I ran out of Splenda in January and didn't buy anymore, I just got used to it... I've always used full cream... Now I use coconut milk or cream... or a mix of C milk and C oil, or C oil and cream, both of which are very filling BTW... I've never liked milk in my coffee I'd rather have it black if I have nothing around that is creamy...

Comment

I've found that if I spend a couple extra bucks to get a decent quality coffee (i.e. not folgers, etc), it's rather flavorful on its own and adding stuff becomes detrimental to the taste. On occasion, I'll add a splash of heavy cream (just to switch things up a bit).

Alternatively, you could try taking a class you dislike first thing in the morning, which necessitates having the full punch of the caffeine right away...
                      Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

Agreed. High quality coffee doesn't need sweetners or cream.

Comment

For some people, vanilla makes things taste sweet. (It isn't everyone -- it's actually a genetic thing.) Have you tried adding vanilla? The good stuff, with alcohol (it's the alcohol that makes it taste sweet to some people.) I recommend trying half and half, heavy cream, coconut milk, etc. before going with an artificial sweetner. Plus, get GOOD coffee. The ways the beans are roasted make a difference. (I'm from Seattle, and yes, I'm a coffee snob.) Go for a breakfast roast, something that is more mild. Use a lower water temperature (175) and expose your beans to the water for a shorter amount of time. Me -- I use an aeropress for making coffee. I also hand grind my beans. Makes the best coffee in the world. Also feels somewhat 'primal' -- as it's all done by hand, no electricity. Good luck!
                          If I don't live my dream, who will?

Comment

Originally posted by rozska View Post
                            For some people, vanilla makes things taste sweet. (It isn't everyone -- it's actually a genetic thing.) Have you tried adding vanilla? The good stuff, with alcohol (it's the alcohol that makes it taste sweet to some people.) I recommend trying half and half, heavy cream, coconut milk, etc. before going with an artificial sweetner. Plus, get GOOD coffee. The ways the beans are roasted make a difference. (I'm from Seattle, and yes, I'm a coffee snob.) Go for a breakfast roast, something that is more mild. Use a lower water temperature (175) and expose your beans to the water for a shorter amount of time. Me -- I use an aeropress for making coffee. I also hand grind my beans. Makes the best coffee in the world. Also feels somewhat 'primal' -- as it's all done by hand, no electricity. Good luck!
                            I bet its a pain in the butt having to make a campfire every morning for a cup of coffee!

Comment

So Rozka, so you have a recommendation of a brand of coffee?

Comment

Working...
                              X