Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground beef/lamb?

Whats the thoughts on gorund minced beef and lamb

Its relatviely cheap for the decent stuff..not basic not organic though.

500g can give 100g protein and 75-100g fat.

Is that far too much fat from this source and unhealthy?

Better to eat 250g and only 30-50g fat and then some tuna etc for extra protein?

OR is minced/ground beef/lamb bad idea in gnereal

I don't have access to grass-fed beef, so I consume my ground beef from publix with a smile on my face!

Comment

I personally steer away from commercial ground beef unless you cook it like you would for chili, NEVER rare! They use icky chemicals to "sterilize" beef fat & then ship it to a plant that'll mix it w/ meat to turn into burger. Ick.

If you can find lamb from Australian Lamb, ground or not, that's the best option (grass-fed, not organic). *If anyone reading this knows if its grain finished let me know! But I dont think so (hope hope hope).

Comment

I can get New Zealand lamb.

but grounded its like 100g protein 100g fat per 500g is that too much fat?

Comment

I buy ground beef at 2-3/lb. Cheap source of protein and fats. Gotta love CAFO meats!
          .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
          ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Originally posted by rphlslv View Post
            I buy ground beef at 2-3/lb. Cheap source of protein and fats. Gotta love CAFO meats!

Yeh but how much do you eat per day? how much fat per day from ground beef?

Comment

Originally posted by primalbulker View Post
              Yeh but how much do you eat per day? how much fat per day from ground beef?
              I only eat .5 lbs of it per day because I like eating other types of meat.
              .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
              ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Ground meat without oodles of fat is dry and tasteless. Why avoid animal fat?

Originally posted by LittleNappingLion View Post
                I personally steer away from commercial ground beef unless you cook it like you would for chili, NEVER rare! They use icky chemicals to "sterilize" beef fat & then ship it to a plant that'll mix it w/ meat to turn into burger. Ick.

If you can find lamb from Australian Lamb, ground or not, that's the best option (grass-fed, not organic). *If anyone reading this knows if its grain finished let me know! But I dont think so (hope hope hope).
                I think very little of our lamb is normally grain fed. However there is often drought, during which stock are hand feed. Can't say what is in that feed
                Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

That ratio of fat to protein is damn near perfect IMO.
                  A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Working...
                  X