Would you eat it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you eat it?

Just discovered I forgot to put my lunch in the refrigerator at work this morning. Salad with 1/2 lb ground bison, spinach, arugala, tomatoes, celery, and olive oil vinaigrette, 7 hours at room temperature. Two questions, would you eat it? I did! And how do you think I am going to feel in a couple hours? LOL

I'd eat it and I bet you will fill just fine.
    http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

It is fine - eat it.
      PaleoDirectory.com - website directory for blogs, shopping, information and other resources related to everything Paleo, Primal and alternative.

Comment

Eat the salad!
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

7 hours outside of refrigeration? Unless I'm mistaken refrigeration is a relatively new development. so umm, yes i'd eat it, and i bet you feel fine. It would probably have to be upward of 24 hrous before I'd have to think about it (maybe shorter if flies were able to get access to it).

Comment

Can I have your stereo?

Nah, your good, unless your office is a wet 100+ degrees and it sat open faced in the sun.

Comment

Yeah, after meat is cooked it doesn't go bad as easily if left out.
              Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'd talk you into throwing it out and then I'd fish it out of the garbage can and eat it.

Comment

If you mail it to me, I'll eat it.

Comment

Great answers, but surprised no one said they wouldn't eat it. Maybe they are too scared to state a little CW around this crowd. So far I feel great. May leave it out all the time!

Comment

Reminds me of a line from Oh Brother Where Art Thou? "I slaughtered this horse last Tuesday. I think it's startin' to turn."

I wonder if they had discussions like this one a couple hundred years go on their internet forums.

So, Mrs Grok says to Grok. "Honey, the fridge is broken again."
                      Grok: "That's okay, they'll invent spare parts and electricity in about ten thousand years. What does Energy-Star compliant mean?"
                      http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

totally eat it! You'll be fine. Even if some bacteria DID grow, you have an immune system & some serious HCl in your tummy that needs some practice.

one time I didnt eat something that was left out was stew at a campsite....it was bubbling & looked like it was simmering...but there was no fire lit.
                        gross.

Comment

I would fight you to the ground for it and then I'd eat it.

Comment

I'd eat it...salads taste better at room temperature than chilled.

And we've been duped by the refrigeration, plastic/foil wrap, and storage container industries...many foods last quite a while without immediate air tight, shrinkwrapped frigid storage.

Comment

My lunches are left out at room temp daily and even though i know your not "supposed" to rechill after it's been re-heated but i do it pretty often and i haven't dropped over dead recently, my general rule of thumb for meats if it's cooked and i reheat it and cool it back down and reheat again if i don't eat it all i chuck it. Could be wrong haven't had food poisoning or anything like that so i see no error in my ways.

Comment

Working...
                              X