Are storebought pork rinds the devil?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are storebought pork rinds the devil?

I just ate a bunch and although it's too late for this go around, I'm wondering if I should toss the bag of baken-ets into the same circular file into which the low fat, whole grain diet-pushing books belong.

Thanks in advance!
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Meh, home made ones are better. Check the ingredients, if there is more than "pork skin, fat and salt" in there, then they're probaly not the *best* things around.
    SW: 235
    CW:220
    Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
    Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
    Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
    Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Comment

I still haven't gotten the hang of making them. Our dollar store has good pork rinds- just pork skin and salt. They taste pretty good too. Hard to find good pork rinds at stores, but they're worth the dollar when you do.

Comment

Ok, thanks for your replies. I feel a little better now - just pork skins and salt. I'm pounding a little extra water to counteract the salt swell.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Like the other said they are fine if the ingredients aren't weird. They are awesome to put on my BAS (I miss croutons lol)
          The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

Originally posted by SheGlowsPale View Post
            Like the other said they are fine if the ingredients aren't weird. They are awesome to put on my BAS (I miss croutons lol)
            BAS? Bad Ass Salad?

Comment

I agree. If the prok rinds has simple ingredients (no wired ingredients), then go for it. Yea, adding them to BAS is GREAT! I thought I was the only one who does this! LOL!

Originally posted by Grok View Post
              BAS? Bad Ass Salad?
              It's short for Big Ass Salad........but like yours better......

Comment

Yummm pork rinds! I don't eat them often, cause I get the whole chip thing going--where you just can't eat 1! But I do love them in the BAS, to scoop up salsa or other creamy dippy goodness. I have even contemplated using them to bread chicken to oven fry it.
                Every day is another stitch in the quilt of life.
                ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                Re-Start date 6/23/2011
                me--Post pregnancy --mama to a beautiful baby boy--
                273.4/269.3/115
                Hubby--230/227.8/165

Comment

Originally posted by Grok View Post
                  BAS? Bad Ass Salad?
                  big ass salad...but bad ass works too!
                  The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinner View Post
                    I have even contemplated using them to bread chicken to oven fry it.
                    Thats a low carb recipie, basically sub crushed pork rinds for anything that calls for bread crumbs.
                    SW: 235
                    CW:220
                    Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
                    Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
                    Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
                    Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Comment

Are these bad to eat everyday? Because I do.

Comment

As in....a bag a day, or a handful?! I'm forcing myself to take a break from them because of the sodium. Lately, I just can't stop once I start, so I'm staying away from them completely for a little while. If I find myself truly tempted by a non-primal cheat, though, I'll grab a bag and pop em open in a heartbeat!

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

I bought a bag of these last week from Kroger, and they just weren't good :/. Maybe I'll try homemade one day.
                          http://www.theprimalprepper.com - preparing for life's worst while living for the best

Comment

I made cracklins from chicken skin the other day. I'll not be buying store bought pork rinds any longer.
                            Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Comment

Where could one find pork rinds without having to order them online if the local grocery stores (Publix) don't carry them? I bought a box of the microwave pork rinds awhile ago and really enjoyed them, but I would much rather look in a store. Where else could I look?

Comment

Working...
                              X