Plateaued after 40 lbs lossed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plateaued after 40 lbs lossed.

I eat mostly meat (all meats), salad, eggs, and all kinds of veggies. You think the coffee and diet drinks are stalling me out?

What kind of diet drinks?
    Rebecca

Right click here to watch me lose 22.5 pounds of body fat and gain 5.5 pounds of muscle in only 5 months right before your eyes in this cool morphing video!

Click the banner below to visit my blog:

sigpic

Feb 2009 - 158 pounds - 43.6% body fat
    Aug 2013 - 138 pounds - 34.3% body fat
    So far, lost 19.8 pounds of body fat and gained 1.8 pounds of lean mass
    Goal - 136 pounds - 30% body fat
    Still need to lose 6.4 more pounds of body fat and gain 4.2 more pounds of lean mass

Comment

diet sunkist=bad

Comment

Why not give them up all together? All they are is chemical soup.

Rebecca

Right click here to watch me lose 22.5 pounds of body fat and gain 5.5 pounds of muscle in only 5 months right before your eyes in this cool morphing video!

sigpic

Still need to lose 6.4 more pounds of body fat and gain 4.2 more pounds of lean mass

Comment

And how much soda and coffee do you drink each day?
          Rebecca

sigpic

Comment

1 20 oz coffee 3 to 4 days a week. 2 diet drinks a day. I have gone a full week without diet drinks so it's not out of the question.

Comment

Coffee amount is okay. Giving up the diet drinks was a good idea!
              Rebecca

sigpic

Comment

Black coffee (or with coconut milk) is generally fine in moderate amounts.

The diet drinks are out. Even just the taste of sugar on the tongue has been shown to initiate an insulin response. Zero calorie or not, your body thinks you're having something sweet and reacts accordingly. Not to mention the ingredient list on those typically looks like a science experiment.

Comment

I will need more info about :

-Quality of food
                  -quantity of food (APPROX)
                  -Food timing (how many meals,etc)
                  -Activity level
                  -Hours of sleep

before i can make suggestions.
                  Last edited by JeanPatrick; 06-27-2010, 05:41 PM.
                  Living the hard way has never been so easy!
                  My paleo website : www.primaljournal.com

Comment

Current body fat %. How much more you think you need to lose? Level of activity?
                    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Good job taking off 40 pounds. How much more do you want to lose? Of course, it gets tougher the closer you get to goal weight. Stalls and plateaus are common. I agree with the others about diet drinks. That's not real food.

Comment

How much food are you eating? whats your physical activities like? do you pay attention to ratios/grams of what you eat?

I don't think the coffee is the issue and diet soda is terrible for you, however, unlike most opinions I'm not completely convinced it stalls weight loss.. (of course I could be wrong, and I'm sure someone will tell me I am )..but you should just try and give it up on pure health reasons more then helping your plateau.
                        The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

15% body fat. Trying to lose 20 more lbs and cut up. I workout 3 days a week and will probably start back on P90X this week.

Comment

Originally posted by jedward2 View Post
                            15% body fat. Trying to lose 20 more lbs and cut up. I workout 3 days a week and will probably start back on P90X this week.
                            What do your workouts consist of up til now? mostly lifting/sprints/etc?
                            The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

What are you eating and how much? Your question is way too vague, we can't help if you don't give us any more info than that...
                              .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                              ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Working...
                              X