Feeling hungry ALL the time??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling hungry ALL the time??

Maybe I'm not doing something right but I tried going primal and was hungry all the time.How do I avoid this?

We need a bit more info.

-How long have you been/were you primal?
    -What did you eat? Sample meals for the day?
    -What was your diet like before going primal?
    -Height/weight/activity level?
    -Any other symptoms/complaints besides hunger?

Comment

Tells us what you are eating and how much of it.
      .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
      ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

It's probably carb addiction and you just have to beat it. It drove me crazy for a week and my calories were UP, but I wanted dinner rolls and pie, cookies and doritos. I don't think there's any trick to it, nor do I think everyone has to deal with it. If you do, then you should, but just look at is being in withdrawal from addictive substances, which is pretty accurate, imo.

Comment

What are you eating? usually its because your fat intake isnt high enough...I know the first 2 weeks I made my fat intake even higher then I do now just to compensate for it and I didn't end up having this problem like I did the first time I went low-carb.
          The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

You and me both, brother. I have been primal for over a year and I do not remember the last time I was not hungry except for immediately following a meal.

It doesn't matter how much I eat or how much fat I consume... I'm always hungry. I think I posted this in another thread too, but I want to bitch here as well! So there!

Comment

Originally posted by Rivvin View Post
              You and me both, brother. I have been primal for over a year and I do not remember the last time I was not hungry except for immediately following a meal.

It doesn't matter how much I eat or how much fat I consume... I'm always hungry. I think I posted this in another thread too, but I want to bitch here as well! So there!
              I've decided you have a tape worm.

Probably.

Comment

Maybe you both could benefit from intermittent fasting. It does reduce appetite after a couple weeks. Maybe not.

Comment

Shit I miss being hungry...
                  .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                  ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Originally posted by Rivvin View Post

Yikes :-( I become a total savage when I'm hungry. How do you deal with that? Do you snack more or do you just ride it out?
                    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

Originally posted by SheGlowsPale View Post
                      Yikes :-( I become a total savage when I'm hungry. How do you deal with that? Do you snack more or do you just ride it out?
                      It's just something I've gotten used too I guess. I try to save snacks at work to space throughout the day and I am usually successful at waiting and eating them sporadically which does help stave off the hunger somewhat.

I know that some other people I crossfit with have complained of this as well, so maybe it is a side-effect of that? It doesn't appear to affect everyone who does it, obviously, but it makes me think there might be relationship? I don't really know, but it would be nice to at least understand it!

edit: I actually posted a thread in the fitness forum about good snacks to eat to get me through the day to my WoD... haha maybe this is a recurring theme for me!

Comment

I was hungry all the time pre-paleo. Once I started this woe, the hunger went away. For me now, hunger is a symptom of low blood sugar, which means somewhere along the line I snuck in too many carbs. Some days I can eat veggies and some fruit, some days that's too much for me and I get hungry. Also I notice if I can't go at least 4 hours comfortably between meals it means I didn't eat enough fat at the last meal, or just plain didn't eat enough. Some days small meals are fine, other days I really gotta stuff myself. Experiment with your body. What's right for others may not be right for you. And what was enough yesterday may be too little for today. Don't follow a "paleo diet." Listen to what your body is whispering to you, and feed it what it needs. (For the record, it NEVER needs a custard-filled maple bar, no matter what it says! Just talkin' to myself, here...)

Comment

The first month of Primal I had a pain in the pit of my stomach, right around the belly button, it really hurt, I thought it was hunger ... Now I've chalked it up to carb withdrawals, because I don't have them at all anymore.... The more IF I do, 12-16 hours, the less hungry I am... This way of eating boggles my mind sometimes....

Comment

I'm going through the same thing, it usually hits me between 2 and 6 where I am just absolutely starving. I just started going primal so I'm assuming its the lack of grains. In the book it says it usually takes about 2-3 weeks for it to pass but its worth it. Just stick it out for a few weeks and see if it gets better!

Comment

It may be because I am very active and I'm always working out and/or it may just be my fast metabolism but I am always hungry no matter how I eat. I sometimes eat every hour and it doesn't matter what kind of eating plan I follow. After a large meal, whether it is low fat, high fat, high grain, low grain, cake and candy full racks of ribs....doesn't matter, I am hungry within an hour even after feeling like I'd bust with another bite. I've never had a weight problem and most of my life had trouble "adding" weight. Even now I am fighting to keep anymore weight from falling off. I'm just a big eater, always have been. I'm not a one slice of pizza guy, I eat whole pies. I have woofed down a whole medium pan pizza from Pizza hut myself, plus breadsticks (when I used t eat that stuff).

Comment

Working...
                              X