sugar free nitrate free bacon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sugar free nitrate free bacon

i can find the nitrate free bacon in my health food store, but it lists sugar as an ingredient. it also says 0 carbs, but i would prefer to eat mine w/o the sugar. are there any brands out there?
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

I couldn't find any, but I found a brand called Wrights which I think is probably the best of what I'm going to found around here.

Not that it really helps you, but I just wanted to pimp this bacon out.

Comment

I have yet to find any without some sort of sugar. Based on the nutrition info though, it has to be a very minimal amount and I'm not willing to give up bacon for that. I mean.....c'mon.

Comment

I would posit that the sugar contents are so trivial that they should be no cause for concern. Bacon on!
        --
        Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Comment

thanks guys. i guess i could always drive out to amish country. they have the 'pure' bacon, but for now i guess store bought it is. i don't think i can go much longer without it
          Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Comment

Is it really "nitrate free" or is it just cured with celery or beet juice? Just curious, I've heard that "unsalted" bacon is not very good.

Comment

I get nitrate free, uncured bacon at my local co-op. It comes from a local farm (I live in Seattle, shop at the Madison Co-op) so it won't do most of you any good (It's called Sunday Morning.) It lists honey as one of the ingredients, but in what must be a minuscule amount based on the ingredient list. What *amazed* me about this bacon was the perfume-like scent it had when I cooked it -- a really light, sweet, high note. Couldn't taste that perfume, but the bacon did seem a bit sweeter than regular bacon. It was my first experiment with uncured bacon, and I'm sold.
              If I don't live my dream, who will?

Comment

well i just wanted to post that i went with a local amish farmer. we used to get raw milk from them along with grass fed beef. we pay $4/lb. for pork side. it's uncured and unsugared yay! thanks for all the responses.

Comment

Working...
                X