Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Eat Peanuts and/or Peanut Butter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Eat Peanuts and/or Peanut Butter?

Simple question...

Do you eat peanuts and/or peanut butter. Why or why not?
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Occasionally... as in very occasionally. They're just tasty.

The peanuts, just sort of happen. "Oh look... trail mix" sort of situations. I just don't bother picking the peanuts out- lol.

Peanut butter... I buy it sometimes. I go for the organic, and it's dirt cheap. I generally don't buy nut butter of any kind at all now, since I can't seem to control myself around it. I think I bought a jar last month, enjoyed it for 2 days, and was fine with it. Probably won't eat it again for another 3-4 months.

Comment

Yes. I eat peanuts and organic peanut butter. I ignore all the comments about how I'm poisoning myself.

Comment

Very rarely, only if it's a choice of that or something worse. At work, we have packaged snacks for the clients/customer who come in and on a couple of occasions I've grabbed the little bag of Planters peanuts as opposed to the Chex Mix, Gardettos, fruit snacks, cookies, you get the idea.

Peanut butter maybe one serving every few weeks. I find myself preferring almond butter now anyway, it's got a nice natural sweetness.

Comment

I dont eat any sort of nuts/seeds because of the omega 6 content. And of course because i can never just have one serving...
          .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
          ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

nope, unless like Diana said they appear in a trail mix or something. Don't go out to buy them though.

Not enough nutrition to be worth the antinutrients.

Comment

Peanut Sprouts

Comment

I don't eat them because of the carcinogenicity and ubiquity of aflatoxin in anything but fresh peanuts. Also other nuts (I know, I know, it's a legume) have better mineral content anyways.
                Give me liberty. Exploration of other options will be vigorously discouraged.

Wondering something sciencey? Ask me in my Ask a Biochemist Thread

Comment

No I don't anymore, I was eating peanut butter when eating a training diet and then it was a spoon full to balance my fat and protein intake.

Comment

I do occasionally. I make a stir fry sauce with PB, coconut milk and some spices which I love to bits. Also PB and a granny smith apple is one of my favourite snacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokiey View Post
                      Also PB and a granny smith apple is one of my favourite snacks.
                      This was my favourite snack when I was growing up. People used to think I was weird.

Comment

No. My innards are much happier without any legumes (wrt gas).

Comment

I always had eaten PB and lots of it along with peanuts. Then I went to organic natural PB and have since cut out the peanuts. Now after all the reading I've done in my PB book once my 2 jars are gone I'm going to try almond butter. I have cut back my intake drastically. I use to eat it right out of the jar with a spoon at least 2 servings a day or drown my celery in it. Now I just eat it on my celery ocaisonally.

Comment

When I'm eating Thai food out but I cant keep it in the house or I'd be downing half a jar with my 85% chocolate!

Comment

I've never liked peanuts much but I do eat peanut butter. I just eat it off the spoon. I have no reasoning other than I like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X