Almond Flour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almond Flour

Does anyone here live in New Zealand? Are you able to let me know where I am able to get almond flour from? I have been to every supermarket and about 4 different health stores. I have even tried online gluten free shops.

Any help would be great.

You can make your own from whole almonds with a food processor or blender. Small amounts at a time. Don't try to make it too fine or you might make almond butter, which isn't terrible.

Comment

Hey thanks for that, I will try it.

Comment

If your Coles and Woolworths are the same as in Oz, you'll find Almond Meal with the various nuts near the flour/sugar/baking stuff.

Comment

We have Woolworths but not Coles. I am Australian so that is what I thought and looked there but nothing. I tried a linseed and almond meal today ut it was disgusting so I will try grinding almonds until I find an alternative. It is annoying though because the reason I love being primal is because I did the 6 meals a thing when gymming all the time and I don't think I can be bothered preparing like that.

Comment

Grind alot at once and store in an air tight container or zip lock bag.
            "Live Free or Die"

Comment

I found ground almonds today and I am a very happy grokette

Comment

I do my own too. Easy as pie using a Thermomix. 200grams of nuts takes 9 seconds to mill to 'flour'. (not quite as fine as flour but as close as you can get before it turns to paste).

Comment

You can also use ground almonds to make almond milk, and then keep the "grounds" for use in baking or such. I freeze my almond milk left over almonds.

Comment

Hey Brooki, Yep I'm in NZ and i just use the Ground Almonds in the baking section which is the same as almond flour. Woolworths or New World is where I get it from but any supermarket should have it. Good luck

Comment

You can get it in the bulk bins at the supermarket too.

Comment

Working...
                      X