RE: Today's Shampoo Post

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Today's Shampoo Post

I've tried going 'poo and soap-less for a couple weeks... but have a problem, and wonder if anyone has any opinions/experience with it.....

What if you go into the ocean (salt water) frequently? 3-4x / week?

Its extremely hard to get the salt off the skin and out of the hair - I won't say it feels "dirty" ...but it doesn't feel good.

Thoughts anyone?

Castile soap is perfectly natural and organic... Brands: Dr. Woody, Dr. Bronner.... there's no need to go stinky-haired.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

No stinky hair here...using no product.

Regarding your original question...I would think hot/warm water would remove most of the salt/etc...? If not...hmm....
      Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Comment

i always found that my hair styled really nicely after swimming in the gulf...but looks like i won't be doing any swimming in the gulf for a long time
        i will maintain the truth
        i knew naturally as a child
        i won't forfeit my creativity
        to a world that's all laid out for me
        i'll look at everything around me
        and i will vow to bear in mind
        that all of this was just someone's idea
        it could just as well be mine - ani difranco

Comment

Oh, (Apple Cider) Vinegar would probably remove the salt. I use it as a rinse. It's very good.

Comment

Originally posted by jrherring View Post
            No stinky hair here...using no product.

Regarding your original question...I would think hot/warm water would remove most of the salt/etc...? If not...hmm....
            Well I definitely shower with warm/hot water, but its pretty obvious that my hair texture changes after being in the salt water. Just feels hard to....remove all the salt and all that goodness. Also, I view the ocean as not necessarily the cleanest thing, either (due to pollutants and the like).

Comment

Re: Apple cider - hows that "feel" on the body? Smell afterward? I'd definitely try it, even if I might have to explain WHY there's a bottle of vinegar in the shower...haha.

Comment

this begs the question- what did grok smell like? probably pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.M View Post
                  Re: Apple cider - hows that "feel" on the body? Smell afterward? I'd definitely try it, even if I might have to explain WHY there's a bottle of vinegar in the shower...haha.
                  It doesn't stink afterward. I use it all the time and can't detect a smell once I'm out of the shower. I don't know what you mean about how that "feels" on the body, but sometimes I use it as a facial toner and it makes my skin look better.

Comment

dr.bronners new pump soap for hair/body, crystal rock as deodorant, SLS free toothpaste, coconut oil as a moisturizer

Comment

i agree with antonG. we love dr bronners and coconut oil here!! why exactley are you product less lately? money or trying to be more cavemanish? you can buy a BIG container of dr bronners for really cheap if you search around, and it lasts forever.
                      Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Comment

Originally posted by invino77 View Post
                        this begs the question- what did grok smell like? probably pretty bad.
                        I want to eat like grok, but I don't want to smell like grok. Is it the chemical compounds in Shampoo that is the turn-off? There are many good shampoos in the natural foods stores.

Comment

Grok probably smelled fine... I've noticed that the more CW someone eats, the stronger they smell on a hot day. Not in a gross, B.O. kinda way, just what I used to think of as normal.
                          I do use shampoo still but would love to go no-product. Cheaper, greener, chemical free, no dependency on having things/buying things...

Sorry can't help on the salt thing! It's probably the pollution rather than then salt itself that is "clinging".

Comment

grok probably smelled fine. its our body overcompensating for over washing by release extra oils,smells, etc. with that said i cant not wash because im constantly exercising but i use only oil based soaps (dr.bronners)

Comment

wow posted the same thing at the same time

Comment

Working...
                              X