Sweetener of Choice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweetener of Choice

This is not a thread to declare how much you are against sweeteners or "I dont sweeten anything because I'm primal and my tastebuds are super (d)evolved!"

What it IS, is a thread to discuss sweeteners for those of us that still want to add sweetness to our coffees/teas/desserts!

I purchased the following and its going to be delivered today: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

Did I just buy something nasty? Would you recommend I try something else once I use this up?

What do YOU use?

I'll use a lil bit of honey on BBQ and in tea sometimes
    or a really ripe bannana in a smoothie
    The whey protein powder I use has a little bit of artificial sweetness too it that makes my smoothies taste like a milkshake
    sigpic

Comment

Mark's "Primal Cookbook" uses raw organic honey or Grade B real maple syrup as a sweetener. Also, he recommends Dutch cocoa.

Comment

ahh forgot about maple syrup. I love adding a lil splash of maple syrup to cooked pork sausage
        sigpic

Comment

Ah yes, I put Hershey's Special Dark Powder in my coffee almost every morning... I am in love with it

I would prefer something a bit more higher quality, but thats about all I've found where I live.

Comment

I use stevia, I'm one of those strange people that like the taste lol I find the powder is much more bitter. Good choice on grabbing the liquid! 5 drops =1tsp of sugar sweetness btw. It does have a bit of a liquorice taste to it when I put it in my coffee.
            Calm the f**k down.

Comment

I use grade B maple syrup (and a bit of water) to deglaze the fry pan after cooking a steak: makes great sauce.
              Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Comment

"No thank you, Turkish. I'm sweet enough." --Bricktop from Snatch.
                http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Berries. Coconut Milk. Cream.

I'm a recovering sugar junkie. Anything real sweet is just a gateway drug to me.

Comment

Stevia here... I've got both the liquid extract, and the powder form. Both taste good to me.. I use it in tea, coffee, and to sweeten up cranberry juice.
                    View all problems as challenges. Look upon negativities that arise as opportunities to learn and to grow. Don't run from them, condemn yourself, or bury your burden in saintly silence. You have a problem? Great. More grist for the mill. Rejoice, dive in, and investigate.
                    - Bhante Henepola Gunaratana

Comment

I keep a few sweeteners available depending on what it is that I am sweetening: Stevia drops for smoothies, teas and yogurt; Splenda for special occasion desserts (kid's birthday treats, etc); Maple syrup and honey. I just try to keep it all in moderation.

Comment

Well, i dont eat that much sugar but when I do, I prefer Dos equis..

Wait different subject.

I use real sugar as opposed to anything that has way to much chemicals in them.

Comment

I use small amounts of raw honey.

But, I also use a lot of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice blend in dessert like things (like a nut topping for fruit or yogurt) to enhance sweetness. And mashed banana, canned pumpkin or unsweetened applesauce in dessets.

Comment

I use stevia sometimes, and sometimes I use this:

http://www.amazon.com/Zsweet-Natural...7396141&sr=8-1

The Z Sweet is really good for baking, and really anything. It has no aftertaste at all to me.

Comment

Xylitol for coffee. No aftertaste. There is an after effect though, which doesn't bother me first thing in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                              X