Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get the last layer off this bride???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get the last layer off this bride???

Hi. I am interested in strategies for loosing the last bit of stubborn weight. I went primal in April and have lost 10 lbs. and 3% bodyfat. I am a 5'4" female and currently 140-141 lbs. 21% bodyfat. I am interested in loosing about 5-10 lbs. and/or 2-3% bodyfat in the next two months. I have been stalled for about 3 weeks now (140-141 seems to be a very happy set point for me). I will be getting married in a few months and would love to just be a tad smaller/more defined!!! I am pretty diciplined with primal food and exercise. I eat 2-3x a day and am pretty low carb (<30) and high fat with a typical day being B: IF or 3 eggs with sausage/bacon, L: BAS or leftovers, D: meat and veggies. I do 1 16 hr fast and 1 24 hr fast per week. My 20% (more like 10%) for any given week includes cheese, cream, alcohol, and dark chocolate. I try to stay away from starchy veggies, fruit, nuts, and snacking in general. For exercise I lift 2-3x per week (bodyweight or big compound movements for about 30 min), I jog/walk 3-4x (20-40 min) a week, I sprint 1x a week, I try to take 1 day pretty easy. So... how to make my final cut? It shouldn't be THAT hard to get below 20% bodyfat... right? I'm looking for experienced advice. Maybe a carb-refeed once every 1-2 weeks? I would think a carb refeed would only be necesary for a woman less than 17-18% bodyfat, but maybe not? What do you think? How can this bride make the final cut? Thanks in advance!

I think you are doing all the right things and you just need to be patient.

I was focused on losing a couple more pounds, I was obsessed over it. It was all I could think about and I did all the right things and for several weeks the scale would not budge. One day I woke up 3 lbs lighter and stayed that way....go figure.

I think you just need more time.

Comment

have a read around here

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/?s=plateau&x=0&y=0
      www.beatingorthorexia.co.uk

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Comment

Leptin.
        .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
        ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Martin just put a thing on leangains about losing the last bit of fat too. He's not fully primal but I like his advice about intermittent fasting.

http://www.leangains.com/
          http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Leptin? Meaning refeed? Thanks to the other responders

Comment

I personally do not recommend doing anything drastically different if this has been successful. Many of the stories of the refeed that people tried in the past few days did not seem to have dramatic results and left some feeling unwell. I would say to try eliminating dairy altogether for a couple of weeks and see what that does.

Also, leading up to the wedding, most brides I know tend to lose weight in the runup with all of the activities, family, and frenetic pace.

Comment

Originally posted by fragileknees View Post
                Leptin? Meaning refeed? Thanks to the other responders
                Yes, it works.

Comment

Personally, if I were in your situation, I'd cut that "20%" to nothing for a while. All of those things can stall weight loss.

Comment

If I tolerate dairy well, then why drop it?

Comment

Also - what is best for refeed? Tubers and fruit?

Comment

If your weight loss stalled, you may not tolerate dairy as well as you think. Or maybe you do :-) The only way to find out would be to try cutting it out entirely for a couple weeks and see what happens.

I thought I tolerated dairy really well, and cut waaaay down on cheese -- and lo! and behold, I dropped a bunch of weight within 2 weeks. Go figure. I'd also probably ditch the alcohol for the weeks leading up to the wedding to see if that would help you get off the plateau.

If it were me, I would try ditching the 20% (or whatever) before I tried a carb refeed -- especially as you say your body fat is around 21%.
                        quette's journal

Comment

Get a heavy bag. Beat the ever living grok out of it on a regular basis.

Don't know if that'll help, but you'll feel better.

Comment

I've cut every "20%" out of my diet and nothing worked.

Also - what is best for refeed? Tubers and fruit?
                            Tubers and limited fruits.

Comment

Cut the dairy and alcohol entirely for now. How's your sleep quality and quantity? If you're not getting enough then you may have some cortisol issues.

I'm personally not a big fan of the 24 hour fast, or fasting at all unless everything else is dialed in (including sleep). I do like the occasional refeed, but I never really focused on carbs specifically so I can't speak to that. Lifting big usually creates a big appetite and so I would occasionally have days where I eat a TON, and I found that actually seemed to break plateaus for me.

My advice would be cortisol management (solid sleep, reduce stress), eliminate dairy and alcohol (for now), and make sure you're eating if you're hungry.

Comment

Working...
                              X