What do you refuse to give up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you refuse to give up?

Since going Primal, what foods have you just flat out refused to give up? For me, it's beer. I have a pretty strong love affair with it and cannot imagine life without it! Especially long days out in the sun... nothing else quite hits the spot like an ice cold beer.

I also refuse to completely give up potatoes, though I have cut WAY back... and corn... which I have also almost completely cut out but still can't resist a nice hot grilled corn cob when the opportunity arises.

So what about you?
    View all problems as challenges. Look upon negativities that arise as opportunities to learn and to grow. Don't run from them, condemn yourself, or bury your burden in saintly silence. You have a problem? Great. More grist for the mill. Rejoice, dive in, and investigate.
    - Bhante Henepola Gunaratana

Cheese.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Oh yeah I shoulda mentioned that one. I still eat cheese every single day. It probably takes up all of the 20 in my 80/20
      View all problems as challenges. Look upon negativities that arise as opportunities to learn and to grow. Don't run from them, condemn yourself, or bury your burden in saintly silence. You have a problem? Great. More grist for the mill. Rejoice, dive in, and investigate.
      - Bhante Henepola Gunaratana

Comment

i refuse to give up maryjane. chronic. herb. da buddha.
        Tho Im workin on ways to avaoid smoking. Edibles, vaporizors, organic extractions, alcohol tinctures. I like to take a harmless recreation drug and concentrate it to the point of it being a problem.

Food wise I havent come across anything non-primal that I HAVE to eat.
        sigpic

Comment

Sugar free gum. I sit at a desk all day and chewing gum seems to keep me keep me alert....plus gets rid of coffee breath.

Comment

Red wine. Although it's permissible a lot of people here are cutting it out. I go out to eat and just don't seem to enjoy a nice meal as much with a glass of water. I love the way a nice red wine compliments food.

Comment

nothing, im 100% primal. i can get obsessive with diet so i have no problems giving anything up. i tried eating wings done dry at the bar 2 weeks ago and it gave me a HUGE headache, im guessing from msg or the crap oils. so thats out of the question now.

my only downfall is not always buying clean primal food. i workout pretty much everyday at high intensity so i eat just enormous amounts of food for someone whos 180lbs. it gets expensive to buy that much grass fed beef. yesterday i was waiting for pay day so i just got regular 80/20 ground beef because it was on sale for 2.49 lb. it was postworkout so i just destroyed a pound and a half along with bacon and tomatoes. not really the same as not being able to give up non primal foods but its an area where i am trying to improve

Comment

Originally posted by MeatMe216 View Post
                i refuse to give up maryjane. chronic. herb. da buddha.
                Tho Im workin on ways to avaoid smoking. Edibles, vaporizors, organic extractions, alcohol tinctures. I like to take a harmless recreation drug and concentrate it to the point of it being a problem.

Food wise I havent come across anything non-primal that I HAVE to eat.
                oh man i gave that up 3 months ago cold turkey. i was abusing like a maniac for 5 years. try stopping, you would be surprised how much better you will feel. my energy is up, memory is better, testosterone is way higher. ive come to a conclusion that its something that should be done occasionally, recreationally. otherwise it takes the fun out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonG View Post
                  ive come to a conclusion that its something that should be done occasionally, recreationally. otherwise it takes the fun out of it.
                  agreed. I limit my usage, and concentrate my dosage. Much stronger effects when used in moderation
                  sigpic

Comment

I have found it impossible to give up dairy. I don't drink milk, but I fucking LOVE LOVE LOVE fage, heavy cream, and marscapone (a new one)

I can't stop eating them, and try to limit my fage to one serving every other day most of the time, but I consume at least some heavy cream every morning.

Marscapone going on two days now... still have two more days to go until this container is empty...

Comment

Milk.
                      One time http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/forum.php

Comment

Dairy. No milk, but lots of heavy cream and cheese.
                        Birthday cake for immediate family.
                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

chocolate.

Comment

Dairy, although I have reduced how much I eat to almost nothing I just can't seem to give it all up. I would like to though just to see if I feel better without it.

And beans and potatoes. I eat those a few times a months and have no intention of cutting them out as long as they stay in my 20%, that may become harder during the winter but now it's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                              Dairy. No milk, but lots of heavy cream and cheese.
                              Birthday cake for immediate family.
                              Same here, I dont have any intolerence to dairy so I dont see the need to eliminate it, I buy hand crafted, organic cheese only though.

For the most part im 90% primal, except for "Mayhem Saturdays", and that's also a part of my diet.

Comment

Working...
                              X