Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much omega 3 fish oil should you have each day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by rphlslv View Post
    CAFO stands for concentrated animal feeding operations, aka grain-fed/factory-farmed.
    In any event, poultry and pork are by nature high in PUFA's and high in O6, so even if you are getting pastured, there's not much of an improvement in that department. I don't mean to say that it's unhealthy, because it obviously isn't, but as someone who is experimenting with omega balances I tend to avoid them these days.
    Thanks for the clarification/explanation. Could I be rude and ask why you're experimenting with omega balances lately, rphlslv? I've just newly developed what is most likely rheumatoid arthritis, and in my reading I've learned that people have experienced relief from it by increasing their omega-3 intake. That made me look at what I'd eaten since going Primal and it was largely almonds, eggs, and poultry! How is that for a heavy omega-6 load?! So I'm learning all I can about omega ratios. Very interesting stuff.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by kalewoman View Post
      Thanks for the clarification/explanation. Could I be rude and ask why you're experimenting with omega balances lately, rphlslv? I've just newly developed what is most likely rheumatoid arthritis, and in my reading I've learned that people have experienced relief from it by increasing their omega-3 intake. That made me look at what I'd eaten since going Primal and it was largely almonds, eggs, and poultry! How is that for a heavy omega-6 load?! So I'm learning all I can about omega ratios. Very interesting stuff.
      I'm trying to get leaner and so far not much has worked. Check out my eating plan here:

      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...e-I-got-it-now...

      The only downside is that the freaking egg whites stick to the pain so easily. But it's working, I'm getting leaner. Can't say whether it's because of the 1:1 omega balance, because I've been tweaking my diet a lot, but I plan on keeping it that way because it evidently is ideal.
      .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
      ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

      Comment


      • #18
        Any adverse effects of to much fish oil for a longer time?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by jimpag View Post
          Any adverse effects of to much fish oil for a longer time?
          Unless you are taking in 1/4 cup of fish oil a day I don't think it's something to worry about! Just make sure you increase your dosage gradually. The only bad side effect from it (that I know of) is increased bleeding from wounds, so if you already have blood clotting problems then be advised.
          .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
          ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

          Comment


          • #20
            But that's not really an adverse effect. Bleeding is fucking metal. Fish oil is metal. 'nuff said.
            Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

            Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Stabby View Post
              But that's not really an adverse effect. Bleeding is fucking metal. Fish oil is metal. 'nuff said.
              Well once I cut myself while shaving and couldn't get the damn thing to stop bleeding, so I got to school like 1 hour late lol. But weirdly enough, even though I'm taking like 5 times the amount I was back then, I don't have that problem anymore.
              .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
              ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

              Comment

              Working...
              X