No announcement yet.

Do You Eat Raw Eggs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I eat raw egg yolks now and then. Had 2 this morning in fact.

Comment

NO WAY ! I had salmonella poisoning from bad eggs and I have never been that sick. The feeling is the worst flu x 100. In bed for over a week, had to get IV's for fluid since I was dangerously dehydrated. It is just not worth the risk. It took me two months to get over it. If you want the opportunity to derail your fitness and health I couldn't think of a better way.

Comment

I've tried slugging down a raw egg a few times, but I just can't get into that either. Especially considering that I end up burping or something and I have to taste it all over again.
        http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Originally posted by PMAC View Post
          NO WAY ! I had salmonella poisoning from bad eggs and I have never been that sick. The feeling is the worst flu x 100. In bed for over a week, had to get IV's for fluid since I was dangerously dehydrated. It is just not worth the risk. It took me two months to get over it. If you want the opportunity to derail your fitness and health I couldn't think of a better way.
          What types of eggs were they? Conventional or pastured ones fed on grass and grubs? It does make a big difference which is why I am asking. I enjoy raw yolks, but not whites yet.
          Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Pastured although rare it can still be present in pastured eggs. Again, for me it's just a risk not worth taking for health reasons. Also, if you are going to eat them raw, only eat the yolks. There are "anti-nutrients" in the whites that are neutralized by cooking (maybe natures way of protecting the egg - sort of like grains).

Comment

I do eat raw eggs in smoothies occasionally. I only eat them when I get them from my local egg farmer, never conventional store bought eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemonized View Post
                I've tried slugging down a raw egg a few times, but I just can't get into that either. Especially considering that I end up burping or something and I have to taste it all over again.
                Try just the raw yolk. I cannot stand raw egg whites myself. I have to put those into a smoothie or cook them.

Comment

receipe: Raw yolks with stevia... mash until you get bored then throw HOT heavy cream over it. Slurp!!!!

Comment

raw eggs are great in a smoothie instead of protein powder...yuck. sorry, i like the real stuff;-)
                    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Comment

Originally posted by shannon View Post
                      raw eggs are great in a smoothie instead of protein powder...yuck. sorry, i like the real stuff;-)
                      Yea, but you use whey protein for protein... Isn't the protein in eggs in the egg white and not the yolk? Someone please correct me if I am wrong...
                      Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

youre right the protein is in the egg... i think people use protein smoothies for the sweet flavor and dessert like nature of them more than for the protein b/c you can always just eat real food. and fat is more important than protein IMO

and adding...i eat raw eggs yummm... ill pretty much eat anything raw though. ill try anything once lol
                        Get on my Level
                        http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Raw eggs go into my mayo and aoli recipes, but that's about it...
                          The more I see the less I know for sure.
                          -John Lennon

Comment

Back home people use to harvest seagull eggs and usually have some raw while harvesting. I've never been into that, but they say it's good. I guess it's an acquired taste.
                            Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

shannon - do you have any recipes for a raw egg smoothie? I can't use any protein powders (they make me feel weird/spike my blood sugar?). Even the most "natural" ones don't work for me. I tried egg protein powder and it made me feel weird. Eating eggs make me feel great. (Real food, right??!!)

I would love to make an amazing raw egg smoothie - please let me know!!

Comment

just make your typical smoothie:coconut milk, some coconut oil, wild berries. you could add a banana if you'd like. i find it too sweet. use stevia to sweeten and add an egg or two(yolks) if it's too eggy, use only one egg. gulp down and know you just gave your body what it deserves
                                Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Comment

Working...
                                X