Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any long term Pimals experienced any problems from primal living?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any long term Pimals experienced any problems from primal living?

Been on the primal diet for 3-4 months now and getting some awesome results.

I look and feel great.

However I have a little paranoia about my hug intake of saturated fats. Evn though i feel and look good I and others around me ie girlfriend and parents, are a little worried that i will get crazy cholestrol problems and have a heart attack etc

I consume around 12 to 20 eggs per week minimum with lots of raw milk and yogurt and coconut oil...

Any one been on the diet for a few years and experienced problems?

Yes they all experience Potato Defficiency.

Comment

I'm interested to learn this too. I've been Primal for just about the same amount of time. Look good and feel better than ever. Even though I've read plenty which obliterates the lipid hypothesis sometimes I do wonder if all the awesome and delicious fatty foods I'm eating will cause me trouble down the road. It would be comforting to hear from some long time primals.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
        Yes they all experience Potato Defficiency.
        You must seriously be butthurt over the fact that not everyone agrees with your stance on potatoes.

Its hilarious watching someone be so... spirited... over a tuber.

Comment

In 2 years, i have never had a problem with the way I eat.
          Living the hard way has never been so easy!
          My paleo website : www.primaljournal.com

Comment

I've had regular blood work done over the past 2+ years of this (getting more primal/paleo as I go). I've even gone so far as to do 4 months red meat and animal fat only, just to see. I still eat mostly meat and some veggies.

In that time, my total cholesterol has risen and leveled off. Just over 220. A great number to be. Lower is bad, too; it is a "U" shaped curve. My C-reactive Protein has gotten low enough as to be "below reference values" by far. So very very very little inflammation from that marker. Trigs are sub 40, HDL is over 100, LDL is 135 and all large pattern A and the largest of that variant (all good things). All from NMR Lipoprofiles. My liver, kidney, minerals etc blood pressure is low and level, sleep is great, allergies GONE, eyesight improved, fertility made a comeback (had our first kid, a boy, 2 months ago, after getting a bad report card a few years back whilst on SAD for motility and swimmers). HBA1c is low, fasting glucose is low, insulin is low, all good signs as age creeps up on me (I'm 42 now).

Joint/muscle pain is gone, performance is up. My dentist has even made note of better dental health, improved enamel, and "thickening" jaw bone/tooth roots (not a real bone scan, just his observation) and total gum health.

The human animal is indeed engineered/evolved to eat red meat, high in fat, preferring brains, marrow, organ meats and the fattiest part of the critter. Following Sisson's Primal Blueprint can/will bring optimal health, that's for sure!

Read "Good Calories, Bad Calories" by Gary Taubes, to get some insight into the "diet-heart" and "lipid" hypotheses. It is not that daunting of a book. It is a serious read, and will give you knowledge to look behind studies you hear touted every day in the mainstream and have the confidence that a high fat diet is a healthy diet. Own the knowledge, and don't worry. My cholesterol #s (HDL and Trigs) have my conventional wisdom doctor tickled pink (but for the total being so high, and the LDL scared her until she read up on particle size/type), she thought I had gone vegetarian (coupled with a 65lb weight loss over 3 months time)....

Comment

I am currently reading Good Calories, Bad Calories, and it is really helping me to slowly go through a CW detox. It is hard to let go of the information that has been constantly ingrained in most of us our entire lives.
              For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Comment

Yeah I have a problem...

Whenever I try to slip into old ways I feel so much like crap that it's impossible for me to do it.

Comment

I can't eat out anymore.
                  .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                  ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Originally posted by FrankOcean View Post
                    Yeah I have a problem...

Whenever I try to slip into old ways I feel so much like crap that it's impossible for me to do it.
                    +1

Comment

You might look at Don Matesz's blog: http://donmatesz.blogspot.com/ He shows pictures of his meals as well. I believe he has followed this for several (something like 8 years).

Comment

My family is on my case like crazy. My sis is studying to be a nutritionist so is caught up on CW. I really haven't changed my diet that much. Just cut out the carbs from bread etc. and cut back on sugar, which i have been trying to do forever.
                        Family Living Simple blog

Facebook

Twitter @Famlivingsimple

Comment

Originally posted by K.ROB View Post
                          My family is on my case like crazy. My sis is studying to be a nutritionist so is caught up on CW. I really haven't changed my diet that much. Just cut out the carbs from bread etc. and cut back on sugar, which i have been trying to do forever.
                          This let's up with results. They too need to be conditioned and that takes a little time. I got a lot of grief when I announced PB was the winner of my (re)search for a diet. I had exactly one person out of about 20 support me, my 11 year old daughter. Now there isn't one in the 20 who would want me to backslide. Only one has joined me, but others will, with time.

Comment

I told my family about this diet after they asked when we went out to dinner why I would not touch bread while everyone around me ate it. My mom is 180-190lbs and I'm currently at 135, hopefully lower soon. But she kept judging me!! "Isn't this dangerous?? Your cholesterol must be through the roof!! This can't work in the long run..etc."

My dad however seems more and more interested though. I'm hoping he may give in and just try, even for a month or something.
                            Last edited by AnneArchy; 06-21-2010, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I haven't done it long term (7 months), but I've had bloodwork done before starting and a month after, and even according to CW standards all the results improved. My wife was the same story. Once we had bloodwork to back up the theory, people backed off, and my parents even started up as well.

And we ate "perfectly" according to CW before starting paleo, so it's not like we suddenly stopped eating fried twinkies or something. It was all chicken breast and whole grains etc. Low fat blah blah.

Comment

Working...
                              X