How big is your meal after IF'ing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How big is your meal after IF'ing?

Sometimes I will skip breakfast and lunch as something of an 18 hour IF. However, I am only eating a normal sized dinner. I don't count calories, but am assuming that this means that I will have a serious calorie deficit that day. For those that choose to do IF's, do you increase the size of your recovery meals to make up for the "lost" calories during your IF?

Yes I make sure I get enough of everything otherwise my strength will suffer.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Eat Stop Eat recommends you eat a normal meal to break the fast.

Comment

I'm dropping weight as fast as I reasonably can, so I appreciate the calorie deficit and just eat until I'm full, not stuffed. If I get hungry again, I eat again,then start then next IF.

Comment

I IF every day. # and size of meals after I break fast depends on if I'm making it a one-meal or two-meal day. I try to put together something special, very balanced, if it's a one-meal day, since that will be my only nutrition that day. Whether I am able to eat 'enough' is purely my stomach's responsibility. Sometimes I can eat half my weight in food, others, it's just a normal-sized meal. I try not to stress about the particulars because I know that it will balance itself out over the course of time.
          Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
          http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
          Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

Comment

The days I fast I always eat an omelette with vegetables. My favourite is with red peppers and onions topped with salsa. The protein in the eggs leaves me satisfied.

Comment

I just broke a 40 hour IF with the following:

2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, 1 pork chop, half a head of cabbage and a handful of almonds. I am stuffed and probably will have a very light meal or snack later tonight and not eat again until dinner tomorrow, which will be a daddy day feast.

Comment

Originally posted by Grol View Post
                I just broke a 40 hour IF with the following:

2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, 1 pork chop, half a head of cabbage and a handful of almonds. I am stuffed and probably will have a very light meal or snack later tonight and not eat again until dinner tomorrow, which will be a daddy day feast.

i dunno about only getting this much everyday...i make sure if i IF i eat a good amount of food. a quick head calculation puts your food at like 800-900 calories tops unless you had a lot of unmentioned fat in there
                Get on my Level
                http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MalPaz View Post
                  i dunno about only getting this much everyday...i make sure if i IF i eat a good amount of food. a quick head calculation puts your food at like 800-900 calories tops unless you had a lot of unmentioned fat in there
                  There was a big pat of butter in there. The chop was big and fatty too. You're probably a little low. I feel great and the weight is coming off rapidly. I can't see a reason to eat if I am not hungry. That would seem silly for a 320+ pound dude, no? I will eat more tonight and probably take in about 1500-1700 calories before this day is done. For me this is the weight loss power of combining IFing and low carb primal eating. I don't fret macros, count calories, or even sweat my carbs much. I learned pretty quick about how much carb is in what and I keep it low-ish. Like I said in a prior post, I appreciate the calorie deficit and lack of hunger. I have plenty of energy. I spent the day loading 200 pound rolls of carpet into two trucks, hauling them to the dump and unloading them. I spent a couple hours gardening. I walked 7 miles and sprinted in the pool when I got back. I could never do this if I wasn't ketogenic. I would be weak and famished. I am done being fat. No mas. I would just as soon starve than hit a plateau. I am conditioned to fast, and this summer is the special occasion I stored all this fat for. It's good fuel. I think one of the more overlooked aspects of obesity is that the huge fat fuel storage tanks not only need to be burned, they can be burned relentlessly... ya know, if the owner of the tanks is really pissed off about them.
                  Last edited by Grol; 06-19-2010, 07:21 PM.

Comment

I IF every day, and eat my daily meal at 7 pm every day. Of course, that means that I try to get all my calories in my stomach during that time or else I would be in a state of permanent starvation.
                    --
                    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Comment

I usually IF twice a week, one 18 hour and one 24 hour. I usually eat a normal meal after an IF always low carb. If I am hungry an hour or two later I'll eat something additional.
                      Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

I eat a "normal" size meal after an IF...but "normal" for me is pretty big because I usually only eat 2 meals per day. I figure I get nearly as many calories in my 2 meals as I used to get in 3 or more.

I think the "right" thing depends on your goals. If you're using IF to create calorie deficit, then obviously you'll want to be sure to keep the following meals moderate. But if you're IFing for the metabolic and other health benefits, especially if you're maintaining rather than trying to lose fat, there's no need to restrict (just don't gorge).
                        Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

Originally posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
                          I eat a "normal" size meal after an IF...but "normal" for me is pretty big because I usually only eat 2 meals per day. I figure I get nearly as many calories in my 2 meals as I used to get in 3 or more.

I think the "right" thing depends on your goals. If you're using IF to create calorie deficit, then obviously you'll want to be sure to keep the following meals moderate. But if you're IFing for the metabolic and other health benefits, especially if you're maintaining rather than trying to lose fat, there's no need to restrict (just don't gorge).
                          yep, same for me. By normal standards i fall into the big meal category, but that's just the way i eat.
                          "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

thanks for the responses

Comment

I eat a normal sized meal. I ate a big meal after my first IF and felt terrible. Now, I eat a normal meal and then have a substantial snack an hour or two later.

Comment

Working...
                              X