Eggs: What the heck does this mean?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggs: What the heck does this mean?

So I bought some organic eggs from Fairway today and I found this inside the box:

"Their eggs are gathered straight from the nest, placed in a cooler, and then processed. Automated candler uses ultra sound and a series of sensors to give 24 separate quality checks to ever Fairway Market Egg."

Ultrasound...?
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

ahh the joys of cracking open a half developed fetus chicken baby.

yumma

it also checks for bacteria and such.
    Last edited by Pessimist; 06-18-2010, 02:21 PM.
    The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being proven right or pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Candling is usually where you hold the egg up to a bright light / torch to check for a developing embryo... I guess they're trying to say that you'll never accidentally crack a half formed chick into your frying pan...

Comment

Whoa, does that happen?

Comment

Ah yeah that would be important for the really really good eggs. None of the conventional eggs would have ever hatched anyway. So it's not important to do with the convention ones.

Look on the carton to see if they have listed the genders of the would-be chickens? You could have an all-boy or all-girl meal! Or perhaps dress them up and paint little chicken faces on them
          Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

So it's nothing to worry about?
            .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
            ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Originally posted by Stabby View Post
              You could have an all-boy or all-girl meal! Or perhaps dress them up and paint little chicken faces on them
              That is so demented.

I LOVE IT!!!
              The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being proven right or pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Did you ever have an "on your own" class as a kid. Where you carried around your egg baby?

hmmmm... whole new meaning...

Comment

Originally posted by twinmama View Post
                  Did you ever have an "on your own" class as a kid. Where you carried around your egg baby?

hmmmm... whole new meaning...
                  They have real fake babies now... they cry randomly, wake up in the middle of the night, I'm not sure if they dirty their diapers though... They even have fake bellies for the girls... I work in a hight school library and almost fell off my chair when I saw a female student come in with the belly... I knew her mom, I thought how her mom must be so devastated ... then I felt like an idiot when I found out it was a belly :doh:

Comment

Originally posted by Robeil View Post
                    They have real fake babies now... they cry randomly, wake up in the middle of the night, I'm not sure if they dirty their diapers though... They even have fake bellies for the girls... I work in a hight school library and almost fell off my chair when I saw a female student come in with the belly... I knew her mom, I thought how her mom must be so devastated ... then I felt like an idiot when I found out it was a belly :doh:
                    Oh god, tell me they don't require girls to wear the bellies

Comment

Originally posted by avocado View Post
                      oh god, tell me they don't require girls to wear the bellies
                      YES!!! This is why I thought this young girl was pregnant!! It weighs about 10 lbs too!
                      Last edited by Robeil; 06-18-2010, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Re: cracking an egg and discovering an embryo.

Baluts. A delicacy in the Phillipines and in Vietnam. My first time was a disaster. I was upset that I was sold a bad hard boiled egg. Then I learned what a balut is. I tried it. Not my favorite.
                        Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

Originally posted by Robeil View Post
                          YES!!! This is why I thought this young girl was pregnant!! It weighs about 10 lbs too!
                          And what could they possibly require of the boys that is so personal and physically evident? I think that is so wrong.

Comment

In al seriousnes, since switching to organic eggs 3 years ago, I have found several "blood spots" in my eggs. They dont bother me, however my mother & mother in law are completely repulsed. They are both what I call "The Hypocracy of Jews" (convienently religiuos when it suits them). Organic egg are not kosher (feel free to look iot up) The interesting thing is that they both have always cracked egg into a seperate dish before adding to any recipe not realizing that that is why. Their mothers did it, so now they do it to. I call the blood spot "bonus protien". Enjoy it.
                            "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Comment

At my school, we had to use 10-lb sacks of flour as "babies."

In my followup report on the project, I noted that I learned the following from Baby Buckwheat:

1. If you leave your child out on the counter, it will attract weevils.
                              2. If you mix your child with water, you can make paste.
                              3. You can use your child as an auxiliary food supply.

...etc. Stupidest. Assignment. Ever.
                              Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X