Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've got a six pack again, but really high LDL!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got a six pack again, but really high LDL!

Moderate carb paleo eating really works well for me as far as dropping fat without losing muscle.

But I just had my lipid profile done and my LDL came out to 172.

Blood sugar was good, blood pressure ideal. Triglycerides weren't low due to the large meal I had eaten an hour previously...

Will I keel over and die soon?

Aww crap; yup, you're dead soon. Make sure that will is up to date.

Comment

That'll be a sad will...

If I keel over, my wife will kill me!

Comment

Just started working on this problem as well. First question is if your test provides LDL particle size information. Check out the VAP and NMR tests if not. Second question is if you know your APOE genotype.

Comment

Hey MrToad,

This was a very basic test taht did not provide particle size information. I also do not know my APOE genotype. I tend to avoid out of pocket medical expenses since I'm a teacher with two children and no money!

Comment

You can order a NMR test yourself for $75 - $100. That might be a good start to determine if you need to look into it more.

Comment

Is this a test I can request from a primary? I really should start seeing a doctor at least once a year.

Comment

You could certainly ask. I'd just make an appointment and show them your numbers and ask for an advanced test.

Comment

At least you'll die one sexy mutha-sucka!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Ask that you be placed shirtless in the coffin, at your funeral
                    My opinions and some justification

Comment

Anyway, if you die below 3 % of body fat, your body will not rot as a normal corpse, but will be preserved as a mummy the natural way…
                      "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Elliot View Post
                        Ask that you be placed shirtless in the coffin, at your funeral
                        This!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

This is great! Thank you guys for reminding me where my priorities ought to be!

Besides... I'm sure I can get a discount rate on fashionably slim coffins these days!

Comment

Originally posted by JeromeCB View Post

Besides... I'm sure I can get a discount rate on fashionably slim coffins these days!
                            Athletic cut. Most normal coffins just have too much around the middle.

Comment

Back to the topic... One theory I'm floating around is the idea that my kava drinking is affecting my liver in a way causing it to produce excessive LDL particles.

I drink traditionally prepared kava most evenings and it may have some effect on my lipids.

Anyone have any insight on this? I love kava, I think its a better way to take the edge off than the excess alcohol I used to consume.

Comment

Working...
                              X