Chorizo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chorizo

Absolutely love this stuff! There's different versions (by country) but around here it's the Mexican type. The good stuff is made of high quality pork in a natural casing with tomatilla, cilantro, chilies and garlic. There's two versions, fresh and dried. Can't seem to find the dried type around here but I keep looking. The local Krogers has fresh made by a local butcher. You'll see the cheap kind usually sealed in plastic. Avoid it.

I love chorizo, but have been avoiding it since the local stuff has soy flour in it!! Bah.
    Every day is another stitch in the quilt of life.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    me--Post pregnancy --mama to a beautiful baby boy--
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165

Comment

A little local Meximart makes a killer sausage. Meat, spices, chiles, tomatillos, fat. That's is all. My favorite chorizo prepartion is chorizo con huevos: scramble together 1 lb chorizo, 6 eggs, 2 diced jalapenos, 1/2 diced onion, and 1 head garlic. My dad made this for special occasions growing up (christmas dinner, etc.) and I loved it. For the carb heads in your family, serve with warm tortillas.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

A friend has just brought me some chorizo from Portugal - smells great - but what do I do with it??!!

Comment

Eat it lol. You can grill it. Maybe cut it up and put it with eggs for breakfast. Google chorizo recipes.
          "Live Free or Die"

Comment

Originally posted by breadsauce View Post
            A friend has just brought me some chorizo from Portugal - smells great - but what do I do with it??!!
            Make a killer omelette!
            Rangers Lead the Way, Hooah!

Comment

Chorizo con huevos...
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
              X