What about "non" primal wings?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about "non" primal wings?

Is ordering chicken wings from a restaurant ok in a pinch? I got the parmesan garlic flavor.

As long as they are not breaded or dusted with flour (which happened to me the other day as I later found out) then I think they would be okay.
    Last edited by canadianwoman; 06-16-2010, 11:26 AM.

Comment

I used to looove deep-fried chicken wings, so I will still eat some every now and then. The main problem with chicken wings from restaurants is the oil they use to fry them. It's almost always high in omega-6 and probably majorly oxidized to boot. They'd be 100% primal if they were fried in tallow/lard or some other highly saturated (heat-stable) fat.

Comment

In a pinch, if you're in a bar or something, they're probably the best available option. For some reason I end up getting them once a week.

Comment

Did that happen to be at buffalo wild wings? If so, their traditional wings are dusted with flour, aka Primal no-no, but it's not the end of the world. Next time go for the Naked Tenders, I think they're called.

Comment

Funkadelic Flash,

Are you sure they are dusted with flour? I'm guessing you asked them...but hoping you didn't

Comment

You can order wings plain, and just top w/ hot sauce (a nd butter or ghee if you like a milder flavor.) The frying oil is certainly the worst part if you get them plain...
              My Before/After Pics
              Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

If you have a Smokey Bones around you, they have the most awesome smoked wings. Nothing on them and they taste so dang good they need nothing.

Comment

What do you mean by "OK?" Even if they're not breaded, they're going to be cooked in canola oil, and that's not "Primal." But so what? What's going to happen to you if you eat a few breaded, fried chicken wings? Unless you're a severe hypochondriac or have a legitimate allergy to grains or vegetable oil, nothing is going to happen to you. Now, if you have them every other day, then they might start to affect you in a negative way.
                  Last edited by Grumpycakes; 08-28-2010, 11:09 AM.
                  You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Originally posted by Primalchild View Post
                    What do you mean by "OK?" Even if they're not breaded, they're going to be cooked in canola oil, and that's not "Primal." But so what? What's going to happen to you if you eat a few breaded, fried chicken wings? Unless you're a severe hypochondriac or have a legitimate allergy to grains or vegetable oik, nothing is going to happen to you. Now, if you have them every other day, then they might start to affect you in a negative way.
                    Hell, I don't know what I mean. Lol. I guess I wonder how much I'm going to sidetrack my weightloss efforts with a few chicken wings now and then (especially with football around the corner).

Comment

The more restaurant chicken wings, the more you will impede your weight loss. It may not be that much of an impediment, especially depending on how active you are, but there it is.
                      You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

I'm headed to BWW with friends tonight, and checked FitDay for nutritional info. Looks like the Naked Tenders have 6g carbs each! How is that even possible? I'm going to eat a steak at home and get a side salad there, I think. Not worth my 20% this time...
                        28, female, 5'2"
                        Went primal 7/28/10: 154 lbs.
                        1/12/12: 135 lbs.
                        Goal: 120 lbs.

Comment

Working...
                        X