Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sugar... when? why?

post deleted by author
    Last edited by annahiggie; 02-04-2011, 08:24 AM.

My girlfriend bought me some white chocolate coconut balls the other day to say thanks for helping her out with some work.

I didn't dare look at the ingredients and just ate them!

They were nice, but my body hasn't recovered yet lol.

I think my body is much more sensitive to sugar, wheat etc since my diet has cleaned up..... or maybe it was just more normal for me and I didn't really notice the difference?!?!
    "My mom made two dishes: Take it or Leave it." -- Stephen Wright, comedian

Comment

1.5 years ago. I was fat and sick then.

Comment

It has been too long to remember. I do eat dark chocolate chips a lot. There is added sugar in those... do they count? I eat 2-4 at a time though... That comes out to less than 2 g of carbs!
        Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Is table sugar refined sugar? I have half a teaspoon with the morning coffee. I feel okay. If I have any candies or gum I get a nasty headache though, this never happened before. I blame aspartame in those "sugarless" gum atrocities.
          I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

table sugar is the most refined sugar! (besides maybe HFCS)

About 3 weeks ago I stopped drinking coffee every morning, because I don't really like it unless I add chocolate (either cocoa mix that contains sugar, or a square of dark chocolate with half a teaspoon of sugar). I did it to get past a plateau, and it worked to drop that itty-bitty bit of sugar. I had one coffee on the weekends, and one coffee this morning (didn't sleep well last night), and it's obvious that even that small amount of sugar generates an insulin response because I get hungry about 30 minutes after I drink it (even though I put cream and coconut milk in my coffee for a bit of fat).

Monday our department had a huge bake sale and set out the leftovers in the office ... I caved and had 2 chocolate cookies - my first wheat/sugar combo in months. I felt pretty icky for several hours afterwards, even though my overall carb count for the day was still pretty low...

Comment

I have 2 cups of coffee each morning each with heavy cream and turbinado. Outside of that I will have the occasional square of dark choc, or for special events I make freshly whipped cream using a small amount of honey as the sweetener....delicious to dip berries into!

Comment

i unknowingly ate refined sugar over the weekend in a broccoli salad, of all things. refined sugar makes every cell of my body feel like its being fried to bits, and the i want to sleep for, like, 2 days.
                sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

i had some brownie fudge cool whip caramel heath bar concoction at a family BBQ. It was good. My stomach felt fine after, but I battled with fatigue, general shitty feelingness for the next day or so. May have been connected. I also had some redi whip on a grilled banana
                  sigpic

Comment

Yesterday, in the form of Sucanat, in my home-made masala chai, a weekly indulgence for me.

Comment

I ate mad oreos. lol, felt like like stir-fired #$%^

I might have beasted a bit on them though.
                      "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

A couples days ago I had some milk chocolate. I indulge pretty regularly in small servings of chocolate and ice cream. It has no noticeable effects at all. Grains, on the other hand...

Comment

One time, I had something with sugar and I had heart palpitations and felt nauseated.

This last weekend I succumed to a DQ blizzard (don't under estimate the power of the PMS) and had a wicked hard time getting back into "no sugar" zone. I'd be good all day long, then cave that night. I finally IFd most of one day, and ate a fat heavy supper. Which kicked it for me. Man, its an addiction. Worse than cigarretes.
                          SW: 235
                          CW:220
                          Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
                          Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
                          Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
                          Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Comment

oh man, the DQ blizzard.... what toppings did you get? My favorite was oreo & M&M combo.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MeatMe216 View Post
                              oh man, the DQ blizzard.... what toppings did you get? My favorite was oreo & M&M combo.
                              Choco cherry love. It was a pregnancy craving when I was pregnant with my first. So, when I crave it, I know its hormones.

Hormones are beastly.
                              SW: 235
                              CW:220
                              Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
                              Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
                              Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
                              Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Comment

Working...
                              X