Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are Your Favorite Types of Coconut?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are Your Favorite Types of Coconut?

So many choices...

oil, milk, cream, shredded, flakes, flour... and more...

Let's make this simple. What are your 3 favorite types of coconut in order?

Elaborate if you wish or just list your top 3 in order. Have fun with this!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Milk due to its utility in pudding, shredded due to its utility in pudding, and coconut oil due to its utility in cooking. I don't bake and flakes sound intriguing but I have never tried them. Robb Wolf was eating coconut flakes with cacao nibs during his podcast today and sounded like he was enjoying them so I'll have to check them out.

Also coconut water should get an honorable mention as a drink while doing prolonged exercise.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

In order:

1. An entire young coconut

2. Coconut milk

3. Coconut oil

Comment

I would love to cook some coconut pancakes on coconut oil and top it with coconut butter and coconut flakes and wash it down with coconut milk...
        .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
        ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

coconut water (although I've heard some brands are better than others, I like O.N.E.)

Comment

ALL ALL ALL.

Seriously, I think this was the "seal the deal" food for me in this program. I'm addicted to anything and everything coconut, always have been. (I'm that girl who smells like suntan lotion all year round. lol)

But whats mostly in my fridge/pantry is coconut milk, shredded coconut and coconut oil. I have yet to venture into coconut butter though, someone mentioned they got it at whole foods in the nut butter section...that will be the next purchase!
            The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

Originally posted by Grok View Post
              coconut water (although I've heard some brands are better than others, I like O.N.E.)
              Dude, have you ever drank a real young coconut? I say this without hyperbole, it's about 1000000000000x better.

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by rphlslv View Post
                I would love to cook some coconut pancakes on coconut oil and top it with coconut butter and coconut flakes and wash it down with coconut milk...
                Heaven.
                The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

A whole fresh coconut (love the meat)

Coconut milk

Coconut oil

Creamed coconut

Comment

Originally posted by rphlslv View Post
                    LOVE it!!

Love how most of you aren't able to list just 3 - truly awesome. I am a HUGE fan of coconut myself. My next thread that I will start right now will be... "About How many Calories of Coconut do you consume in a day?"

Please don't answer here!! Do so in the new thread... this one is meant for your favorite types.

I think I am going to go make an omelet and a coconut milk smoothie

Comment

I don't like coconut ... makes it hard to get enough fat on this plan

Comment

Uh, what??? Coconut is pure fat... do you mean enough protein?

Comment

Hrm... favorite coconut products... ... How about... YES!...

haha if I had to choose a favorite simply by volume consumed in it would be

Coconut Milk

Coconut Oil

Shredded Coconut

although I wouldn't really say that I really hold those more dear than other kinds of coconut ... Mmmmmcoconutmilkproteinshaaaaaake*droool*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dosenberry View Post
                            Uh, what??? Coconut is pure fat... do you mean enough protein?
                            Exactly. I think it's one of the best fat sources, but I don't LIKE it, so it's hard to eat enough of it to keep my fat intake up.

Comment

1. Hands down, Tender Coconut
                              2. Mature Coconut
                              3. Coconut Milk

Comment

Working...
                              X