Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are Your Favorite Types of Coconut?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    1) Solid chunk of coconut cream

    2) Shredded coconut (eaten by itself)

    3) Coconut Milk
    I grok, therefore I am.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Roach View Post
      Dude, have you ever drank a real young coconut? I say this without hyperbole, it's about 1000000000000x better.

      Enjoy!
      That can't be possible because the coconut water I drink is the most delicious drink I've ever consumed in my entire life. If I had something 1000000000000x better, I would die from ecstasy.

      Comment


      • #18
        Coconut shreds
        Coconut milk
        Coconut oil

        My favorite is actually coconut white chocolate but I don't think that counts!

        Comment


        • #19
          All! I just named our new puppy Coco...

          I 2nd Roach, young fresh coconut is the best! When I was a teenager we used to go to Phuket, Thailand and they would have fresh young coconuts being sold on the beach, I probably had 3 a day! Addictive!
          Went Primal: 3/28/2010 - 43 lbs lost!
          Over 15 inches gone!

          Primal Journal ~ Jadeocean

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Grok View Post
            That can't be possible because the coconut water I drink is the most delicious drink I've ever consumed in my entire life. If I had something 1000000000000x better, I would die from ecstasy.
            HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. This is too awesome.

            I LOVE vitacoco coconut water as well. In fact, I am going to buy a package on Amazon right now!!
            Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

            Comment


            • #21
              1. Coconut milk with curry powder.
              2. Coconut milk with unsweetened cocoa.
              3. Coconut flakes with cacao nibs.
              Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

              Comment


              • #22
                I love pure coconut water but their are alot of carbs in it. I think the bottle I bought last night was 15 grams per bottle (12 oz). I would probably down a gallon a day if the carbs were lower.
                "Live Free or Die"

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Bostonbully View Post
                  I love pure coconut water but their are alot of carbs in it. I think the bottle I bought last night was 15 grams per bottle (12 oz). I would probably down a gallon a day if the carbs were lower.
                  Yes, you are correct the carbs are high. But, they are the best carbs you an drink - filled with electrolytes. I enjoy putting about 2-6 oz. in my primal smoothies
                  Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Shredded coconut! (thanks Toad)
                    Coconut milk
                    Coconut oil

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Primal Toad View Post
                      Yes, you are correct the carbs are high. But, they are the best carbs you an drink - filled with electrolytes. I enjoy putting about 2-6 oz. in my primal smoothies
                      That's why I go with coconut water kefir using flavored coconut waters. Those little kefir grains eat the sugar and leave the goodstuff behind. Mixed with gingerberry kombucha it tastes just like Fresca.

                      I MUST try coconut meat!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        1. Coconut milk because I can use it in a lot of desserts and recipes
                        2. Coconut meat fresh from the coconut because it tastes good by itself
                        3. Coconut water fresh from a young Thai coconut (whoever said the cartoned stuff wasn't that good was damn right!)

                        I've yet to like coconut oil mainly because I'd rather use butter to cook with due to the dexterity of the flavor and cost.
                        My chocolatey Primal journey

                        Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X