Goat Milk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goat Milk

Does anyone here drink goat milk or have any opinions? I drink goat milk all the time and love it. way, way better than cow milk.

Never even tried it. Any reasons why its better than cows milk?
    One time http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/forum.php

Comment

I love goat milk. It tastes much better then cows milk IMO.

Comment

I drink cultured goat milk Kefir daily... my source of probiotics. Good stuff.

Comment

I had goats milk for a while, but couldn't really see much difference. Back to full fat cows milk, mostly because it is cheaper.
          My website: http://www.shoppinganywhere.net/

Comment

no beta casein A1 in goat's milk - beta casein A1 may not be an issue, though, unless you eat wheat.

Comment

At 16 months our daughter has just finished human milk and now drinks goat milk, so I've done some research. Goat milk tends to have higher levels of calcium, selenium, manganese, magnesium, and copper. It also has less alpha-s1 casein protein in it than cow's milk (the stuff that some people are allergic to). The fat molecules are much smaller so it is naturally homogenized (with some settling however). On the downside goat milk has 1/10 the amount of folate as in cow's milk--although neither is a great source for the vitamin. Also, not all brands are fortified with Vitamin D3. So far I've found only Meyenberg brand to be. Yes. It's also much more expensive.

Comment

Supposedly I drank goat milk when I was a child... umm.

I like the goat yogurt I buy from the farmer's market. YUMM.

If I do dairy, preferably it's goat.
                .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Tbh I don't like the taste of goats milk, it's a bit more sour/chalky, not sure how to describe the flavour. It probably has some benefits over normal cows milk though.
                  "My mom made two dishes: Take it or Leave it." -- Stephen Wright, comedian

Comment

Apparently, goat's milk has a higher proportion of medium chain fatty acids than cow's milk. Also, it is more alkaline than cow's milk, for those who are into that...

I plan to give it a try.

Comment

I am trying to gain weight so I drink 3 quarts of goat milk daily, in addition to whatever food I eat for the day. I love it and it doesn't bother me like cow's milk does. The only side effects were a bit of gas the first week or so. I do take Lactaid with it since I drink so much.

Comment

Originally posted by grokina View Post
                        Apparently, goat's milk has a higher proportion of medium chain fatty acids than cow's milk. Also, it is more alkaline than cow's milk, for those who are into that...

I plan to give it a try.
                        Yeah, goat milk is better than cow's milk because it gives us a different protein, different fat, different minerals. It also contain fewer lactose. It is a complete protein containing all the essential amino acids without the heavy fat content and catarrh producing materials of cow's milk.
                        Last edited by arjemdo06; 06-17-2010, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by grokina View Post
                          Apparently, goat's milk has a higher proportion of medium chain fatty acids than cow's milk.
                          Yes, the same medium chain triglycerides found in coconut and palm kernel oils.

Comment

My concern was that the goats milk that I can get is homogenised and the cows milk isn't. I guessed that as homogenisation destroys quite a lot of the beneficial effects of milk that I was better off with the non homogenised milk. Don't know how true this is. Anyone know? I want food as little processed as possible.
                            My website: http://www.shoppinganywhere.net/

Comment

Can I just please tell you that goat kefir is the best thing I've ever had. I can't get enough of it and I feel great eating it. I pour it over frozen strawberries and add almonds I NEVER have cow's dairy due to an allergy to a protein in it and so I've been drinking hemp milk. I do get cravings for yogurt and now I've found the most delicious substitute. Redwood Hill's Goat products are wonderful. I used to visit my friend who worked there and I loved the way they treated the animals too.
                              In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -- Albert Camus

Comment

Working...
                              X