More sensitive to caffeine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More sensitive to caffeine

I have been primal for only a week and a half or so, but I have noticed that I have become much more sensitive to the caffeine in my morning coffee as far as the general jitters. Anyone else??
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

It's funny you posted this today. I just drank a big cup of coffee with my breakfast this morning, and my head is swimming a little.

Comment

Could mean your adrenals are getting a break from the the sugar and cortisol swings, allowing you to re-sensitize to caffeine...
      sigpic
      In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Comment

i am sensitive to caffine ever since cutting way back on the stuff years ago. I use coffee in case of emergency only.
        sigpic

Comment

oh i can never drink that stuff, it gives me jitters and anxiety. i read a lot about caffeine, some people are actually allergic to it.

Comment

I have similar experiences with caffeine but especially with alcohol. I used to be 5 pints before chatty, 7-8 tipsy, 15 drunk, the most I've drank in the last few months was 3 and I was pretty tipsy!

Comment

I cut the caffiene so i could have a better idea of what effect my diet was having on my body. for example, I never knew if I was energized from my meals, or from the caffiene, and likewise, sometimes I wasnt sure weather or not I was underfueled or just having a caffiene crash.

i dont miss the caffiene, i drink decaf, which has much smaller amounts.

I sleep better

one less thing to worry about really

after I had been doing decaf for about a month, I accidentally had some regular coffee at my dads house, and I felt like I had just snorted 2 lines of coke. yikes. im sticking with the decaf.

Comment

Originally posted by lmyers04 View Post
                after I had been doing decaf for about a month, I accidentally had some regular coffee at my dads house, and I felt like I had just snorted 2 lines of coke. yikes. im sticking with the decaf.
                You didn't use the white powder creamer did you? Maybe you drank a couple lines of coke. lol (Your dad isn't a coke dealer is he?)
                http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

I wonder if it's just the lack of carbohydrates to absorb the caffein...similar to alcohol. I mean, before going primal I would have coffee with a bowl of cereal in the morning. Now, I'll just have some eggs and vegetables. I've noticed a decreased tolerance to alcohol too. Without grains in my stomach, I find myself getting surprisingly buzzed off only a drink or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemonized View Post
                    You didn't use the white powder creamer did you? Maybe you drank a couple lines of coke. lol (Your dad isn't a coke dealer is he?)
                    haha even during the times in my life where I have eaten the least healthiest, I still never understood the appeal of powdered "creamer". disgusting! I might even venture to say that ounce for ounce, colombian yay is probably much healthier. (kidding.....i think)

Comment

I've noticed increased sensitivity to caffeine and alcohol as well. I also take an Albuterol inhaler occasionally for asthma and that really gets me jittery.

Comment

im really starting to love the looks i get from pencil-neck/massively obese when i tell them "i eat bacon twice a day" and "load me up with the fatty part of that pleaaseeee" while im in 1000 times better shape than them. i love being primal.

sorry its not related but im just amazed about how much better im feeling and how we have been poisoning ourselves for so long. caffeine is not primal in my opinion. i dont know how grok would have extracted it from coffee beans. caffeine also jacks up the adrenal glands releasing along with adrenaline, cortisol. you guys wouldnt believe the caffeine crackheads here at work, they are shaking standing in line to get their fix.

Comment

Working...
                        X