testosterone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• testosterone

I am researching for ways to naturally increase testosterone in men after the age of 50 or so. Mark talks about this here and there but can't seem to find his resources or older posts about this topic.

Try cod liver oil. Vitamin A has been linked to increased testosterone, and CLO is a very good source. Personally, I take a tablespoon a day. It also gives you a boost in vitamins D and K.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
      I am researching for ways to naturally increase testosterone in men after the age of 50 or so. Mark talks about this here and there but can't seem to find his resources or older posts about this topic.
      Lifting heavy things is about the best option.

Optimize zinc and vitamin A as both are used in the production of T, but especially zinc. Having messed around with D to A ratios, I find that I do best with a 6:1 D to A ratio.....more A than that and I start to have symptoms of A toxicity even though I'm technically not A toxic - it's alllll about ratios. Ca:Mg:K Na:K Zn:Cu K:Kcal D:A Ω3:Ω6 ratios ratios ratios

And don't be afraid to get an rx for testosterone. It's important stuff.
      http://www.bodylogicmd.com/hormones-...could-kill-you

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

The primal blueprint Laws will all raise your testosterone dramatically (diet, exercise, sunlight, sleep, etc) and naturally.

Other than that go with zinc pills.
        One time http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/forum.php

Comment

raising your fat intake will drive the T values up. eat eggs, cholesterol converts to testosterone

Comment

Sleep is important. Very heavy lifting, and fats and cholesterol!!!
            "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

ZMA before bed, Vitamin D

Lowering stress and losing fat could have significant impact. Along with all the others stated above
              sigpic
              In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Comment

Get a quality sleep, balanced diet is also important, Zinc is very useful to increase testosterone level also consume Vitamin B6 and magnesium to aid in zinc absorption and the converting of free cholesterol to testosterone, and avoid alcohol.
                Navy SEAL Workout
                Top Fat Loss Trainer
                Advanced Fat Loss

Comment

Thanks AntonG. Where did you find your resource for raising fat levels, if you don't mind sharing. I am eating PB and Paleo.

Comment

The herb, tribulus terrestris, is touted by Asian physicians and Russian body builders to be a wonderful way to boost testosterone. Western pharmacologists claim that it is of little value. Friends that have used it in my geriatric circles claim it is wonderful.

I leave it for you to investigate and decide. http://www.ayurvediccure.com/tribulus-terrestris.htm

My favorite 'go-to guy' is Dr. James Duke, an ethnobiologist. In his book, "The Green Pharmacy", he recommends fava bean, ginkgo biloba, velvet bean (macuna), anise, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, American ginseng, and a few others. All are not required, just the ones that appeal most to the user.

The cardamom, cinnamon, and ginger are especially liked by my old guys group.
                    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

Steroids... I kid... But all of the above suggestions are great, honestly most of what you do in the book will lead to better hormonal levels, which is what you want, as testosterone works with other hormones to cause the benefits you're probably looking for
                      sigpic
                      In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Comment

Originally posted by EGYnutrition View Post
                        ZMA before bed, Vitamin D

Lowering stress and losing fat could have significant impact. Along with all the others stated above
                        What is "ZMA?"

Also, how much zinc is recommended, and does it work for women too?
                        I'm a quitter...but I'm back now.

Comment

Zinc Magnesium and something else :P I would suggest to test your Zinc levels and then supplement as needed

Comment

The herb, tribulus terrestris, is touted by Asian physicians and Russian body builders to be a wonderful way to boost testosterone
                            Is this not known as Horny GOAT Weed?

Comment

8+ hrs of sleep per night
                              lift heavy 3-4x per week
                              lots of sunlight
                              cold showers
                              lots of fat/cholesterol
                              oysters, beef, celery, avocados, onions, garlic, eggs
                              sex instead of masturbation

Comment

Working...
                              X