Feeling fatter around mid-section

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling fatter around mid-section

Since starting to eat primal I feel and look fatter around my middle. Anyone else experience that?

As I lose weight I can feel my belly feeling softer and looser, but there is less of it. I think it is the loss of fat cells, but my skin not retracting as fast as my loss. I would be interested in hearing what others say.

Comment

Originally posted by dsantana View Post
      As I lose weight I can feel my belly feeling softer and looser, but there is less of it. I think it is the loss of fat cells, but my skin not retracting as fast as my loss. I would be interested in hearing what others say.
      Interesting you say that... I've been losing weight lately, and though my belly is still there, it's very soft, I can pinch it. Is this a good sign?
      .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
      ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

I feel the opposite. Less bloated and my stomach feels like it is shrinking.

Comment

My waist and belly was/is pretty small. So I didn't have a lot there before. I carry my weight in my butt/thighs.

Comment

Could it be that everything around your stomach is shrinking making it look that way? I know the first month of PB I lost like 4lbs and ALL of it was in my hips...but in the last 2 more months its evened itself out much nicer and more proportioned.
            The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

If you lay on your back and do a half-assed crunch, can you feel the fat and skin as separate from the muscle underneath?
              Or are we talkin' gassy bloat?

Comment

Tooround- yes, i can. also it is kinda more love handle than stomach really.

Comment

eating primal filled out my core and abs after vegetariansism deflated me. This gave me the impression I was fatter because my belly fat was now resting on a more solid core.
                  sigpic

Comment

So the loose, soft stuff we're grabbing is fat, right? And if the fat starts to shrink our skin can feel baggy?

Muscle developement, fat loss and then skin and muscle get closer together and we have a six pack??? Too simplistic? Close?

Comment

Definitely the opposite experience for me.

40" down to 28". Soft and fluffy to firm and non fluffy.

Comment

Annoying fat

Originally posted by dsantana View Post
                        As I lose weight I can feel my belly feeling softer and looser, but there is less of it. I think it is the loss of fat cells, but my skin not retracting as fast as my loss.
                        I feel the same way and it is very annoying. Makes you feel like a looser. I feel much better if I don't use my glasses when looking in the mirror....

Comment

Glad to know I am not the only one experience the soft mid section. I assume that as I get close to my goal, it will tighten up.

Comment

Working...
                          X