Question for T2 diabetics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for T2 diabetics

I've got it and was wondering if any of you can eat bananas or plantains without high BG?

Nope. High BG result and they make me hungrier.

Comment

Thanks. Is there any fruit besides berries that doesn't?

I've been T2 for at least 9 years. but I just didn't eat fruit. I'd LOVE to add some back in.

Comment

I keep it to (in order of preference and desirable readings):

Strawberries

Blueberries

Cherries

Apricots

Pears

Apples

Plums

Nectarines

Peaches

Off-limits:

Banana

Watermelon

Pineapple

Grapes

Mango

Comment

mmm cherries any certain variety you find is better for BG?

Comment

I haven't tested on the different varieties- good idea though. I usually just stick with the Bing cherries.

Comment

must go shopping tomorrow!

Comment

Rainiers are awesome! They are the yellow ones. Don't know about the sugar content, but taste is superior to Bings (IMHO).

Comment

I love donut peaches mmm

I think they also call them saturn peaches.

Comment

everyone is different! some people can handle a big handful of strawberries with no problem, some people go through the roof if they so much as look at a grape.

know the facts and know yourself: test your blood sugar before and after eating different foods to see how they effect you.

it's irresponsible to say that certain fruits are okay while others are not; everyone is different.

Comment

We weren't saying that everyone is the same. We were discussing which fruits have a tendency to raise BG, not that they're ALWAYS going to do that.

Comment

Just saw this, I stay away from all tropical fruit it just drive my BG through the roof. I eat alot of berries and peaches. I've only been primal since the beginning of the summer so I haven't tried apples or citrus yet -I try to eat local and in season. I live in WI so I have been loving the Door County cherries (Montmorecy, not sure if that is the spelling) with no problems. I will say that since eating primal my BG is almost in the normal range and I have been able to lower the units/grams of insulin I was taking.

Watermelon, actually most melons are a disaster. Just water and sugar with little to no fiber to slow down the absorption of the sugar.

I also tend to eat the fruit in the morning or after I have exercised so that the carbs are there for a reason and not just raising my BG overnight.

Comment

Problem with the 'eat local' for me is that I live in Florida. Citrus is local lol

I eat strawberries and blueberries, though. Both local.

Comment

goodfriendsam, I was listing out the fruits that are okay for ME. And I resent your 'irresponsible' comment. We all know that everyone is different and reacts differently. It seemed fairly obvious to me that Little Miss Grok does test and was just seeking others experience.

Comment

Exactly! You can avoid LOTS of problems if you ask around. I mean, if a certain food causes LOTS of diabetics to spike REALLY high, I'm certainly not going to even try it!

Comment

Working...
                              X