favorite cut of steak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• favorite cut of steak

What is your favorite cut of steak and how do you like to cook it?

My steak is always slathered with garlic butter and grilled. my preferred cuts are flank, t- bone, porterhouse, and sirloin.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

Ribeye.

I eat alot of bone in chuck steaks too.

I just started eating Flat Iron steaks, those are super tasty.

...oh yes, and I really like the Pork Chop.

Comment

Ribeye. Most tender and most flavorful. Nuff said.

Comment

I like ribeyes and NY strips grilled just enough so that they're tender, juicy, and still bright red inside and served with mushrooms sauteed in butter
          Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

only one? That's like asking what my favorite book is! Lesseee.

Something basic like blade for a casserole - cheap and tasty. Rack of beef - quessing that's ribeye on the bone OMG that was THE best roast EVAH. Porterhouse for a barbeque or just in the pan.

The local butcher has these two-inch-thick New York Cut steaks that I keep eyeing off... they look amazing but are so huge, I don't know how I'd get through one!

Comment

Ribeyes or Porterhouses cooked medium rare - more on the rare side though...

Comment

I had a bunch of tenderloins recently and that cut cooked rare is truly on a different level for me. I can't say that it's my favorite, but it almost seems like a different animal, so rich and tender. I slow cooked top sirloin outside, half grilled and half smoked and it was amazing. Prime Rib is the opposite of tenderloin for me. Give me the end cut with all the baked on seasoning and I growl as I eat it, au jus and horseradish please. I don't have a favorite other than what's on my plate next, which just happens to be a two pound sirloin flap, grilled over mesquite and cut into to strips for fajitas. I'll put the strips over a Mexican salad and top it off with a big dollop of guacamole. Can't beat that... today anyway!

Comment

I love so many different cuts!!! Our every day steaks are top sirloin, but I love porterhouse for a treat!!! I don't love fillet mignon, I find it a bit bland for all it's tenderness. (Guess I love fat! ha ha) We like to marinate our steaks in homemade primal bbq sauce, with some added balsamic vinegar, crushed garlic and onion. Yummy yum. We have also played with peppercrusts, mushroom sauces, steak topped with seafood and hollandaise, and topping the hot steak with herbed garlic butter. (OMG this is SO good!!!)

For pork I love bone in pork chops, pork loin steaks... mmmmmmmmm meat! Pork is so versatile, you can do it with a mustard white wine sauce, or bbq sauce, or thai with a peanut coconut milk sauce, or with curry... possibilities are endless.

ETA: Oh, and I like my meat rare. I won't eat it if it's cooked more than medium rare.
                  The more I see the less I know for sure.
                  -John Lennon

Comment

Ribeye, and it must be bleeding!
                    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

beef - rump steak by far. sirloin comes second. For some reason i just can';t get into ribeyes! I find them much less tender than rump! its really weird...
                      For lamb i like lamb leg steaks

Comment

Cross cut shanks for sure. You get a decent portion of marrow along with a mixture of some really tender meat, some really tough meat, along with some soft connective tissue and fat.

My favorite cooking method for any type of steak is pan fried in butter for only a minute or two on each side. I like the meat to be 90% raw.

Comment

Rump
                          A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

I've had a lot of grassfed Ribeye and love it but I don't think I have ever had a porterhouse steak in my life. At least not one like this place by work that serves it - 8 weeks dry aged USDA Prime. It cost $10 more per pound than ribeye and has to be ordered at a 1 lb minimum, compared to the ribeye which you can get less of.

Would the splurge be worth it?

Because of what I 'm guessing would be highly fatty content is UDSA Prime meat really badly stuffed feedlot cows?
                            Last edited by AnneArchy; 01-06-2011, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Ribeye or Porterhouse cooked medium with butter.
                              "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

Working...
                              X