Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people are Primal to lose weight?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many people are Primal to lose weight?

I am new to the PB, and am curious about how many people got into it for weightloss?

I just notice that a lot of the posts in the nutrition forum are regarding the issue of losing weight and trying to lose it quickly.
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

I have weight I'd like to lose because I prefer how I look at a lower weight, but I started primal strictly because it made perfect sense to me as a healthier lifestyle.

Comment

I became primal because I needed to ditch the grains (diagnosed celiac) and wanted to be healthier. Losing weight was an added bonus. Now I'm actively trying to lose weight because the first 60 lbs kind of just fell off. These last 20 are stubborn!
      The more I see the less I know for sure.
      -John Lennon

Comment

I went primal primarily to lose weight but I have been amazed by the health benefits and improvement in my overall wellbeing. I am finishing my 4th week and am down 13 lbs

Comment

I looked into diet plans for four months specifically looking for a weight loss program that could last me a lifetime. I know ways to lose weight faster than I am, and I am dropping almost a pound a day, but I've done that before and always bounced back. Cutting sugar, grains, bad oils, limiting fruit, dairy, and starchy veg is a major task, but it all made sense from a health standpoint and all this weight loss is just gravy at this point.

Comment

Me.
            SW: 235
            CW:220
            Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
            Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
            Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
            Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Comment

I have gone primal because I needed to ditch the grains because of my diabetes, and as a bonus, have lost 11 pounds so far. I also take thyroid replacement meds, because my thyroid has gone into retirement, and this is just a healthier way for me to eat and live.
              Every day is another stitch in the quilt of life.
              ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
              Re-Start date 6/23/2011
              me--Post pregnancy --mama to a beautiful baby boy--
              273.4/269.3/115
              Hubby--230/227.8/165

Comment

I stumbled on MDA while researching weightloss and possible reasons I wasn't losing...the weight loss is great, but the physical ability, energy, and mental clarity I've regained is even better!
                Went Primal: 3/28/2010 - 43 lbs lost!
                Over 15 inches gone!

Primal Journal ~ Jadeocean

Comment

I began low-carbing around July last year in order to lose weight, then I found MDA, and I've been Primal ever since purely for health benefits.
                  .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                  ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

For me weight had nothing to do with it. I am a college athlete and I was lucky to realize the connection between sports performance, health, and nutrition a couple years ago. And after thoroughly researching during those years this is where I arrived.

Comment

I started for weight loss, yes. But now that I've gained weight since I started (my own fault) I don't really think of it that way anymore, it's just a way of eating that makes scientific sense.
                      "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

Not I. Although "weight" is ambiguous because I have gained weight and lost fat. 130 to 137, less visible fat and more visible muscle. Possibly some water weight but I am making lean gains.
                        Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

I'm here to gain an overall healthier lifestyle and heal my body...that includes losing a few pounds, but losing isn't my primary motivation.

Stats as of 3/1/12:
                          5'10" female, 38 y/o
                          Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
                          WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
                          DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
                          EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

Comment

losing weight is my primary reason... I'm trying to go from 290 lbs. to 220 lbs... and it has been a long time since I was that weight...

Comment

I was researching nutrition to lose the last of the baby weight, but chose primal because I'd rather not die of multiple organ failure attached to a bunch of horrific machines in the ICU when I'm 95 and on 50,000 medicines costing the taxpayer 10,000 a day.

Comment

Working...
                              X