Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

100% wey gold standard on the Cheap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 100% wey gold standard on the Cheap

    wondering what the cheapest price everyone has seen optimum nutrition going for on the web. I found 5 lbs for $34. Wanted to see if anyone has seen anything better
    sigpic

    Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
    Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
    With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
    Let me forget about today until tomorrow

    MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
    MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

  • #2
    are you sure you want the artificial sweeteners?

    It's got the same amount of protein as the Natural factors (15g protein /20g product) so I'd go with that. Mark's got a great post somewhere nicely illustrating that hydrosolate isn't necessary. Just $$.
    Last edited by cillakat; 06-10-2010, 10:50 PM.



    iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

    Comment


    • #3
      Jarrow Formulas does a good protein powder and you can get it at iherb.com for around $18 for 2lbs. The unflavoured one has 39 servings per contained providing 18g of protein and there is a chocolate and vanilla one. Have a look http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas...908-g/343?at=0
      "My mom made two dishes: Take it or Leave it." -- Stephen Wright, comedian

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by muaythaimike View Post
        Jarrow Formulas does a good protein powder and you can get it at iherb.com for around $18 for 2lbs. The unflavoured one has 39 servings per contained providing 18g of protein and there is a chocolate and vanilla one. Have a look http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas...908-g/343?at=0
        the unflavored is fine but the chocolate and vanilla have fructose.
        http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas...08-g/7725?at=0



        iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

        Comment


        • #5
          Before you buy anything check out the July 2010 edition of Consumer Reports where they test a bunch of protein drinks for heavy metal contamination. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard was one of the products tested and it had detectable levels of arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury.

          Comment


          • #6
            That's an awesome price.

            Optimum had the least amount of trace contaminants.
            "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

            "A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by cillakat View Post
              are you sure you want the artificial sweeteners?

              It's got the same amount of protein as the Natural factors (15g protein /20g product) so I'd go with that. Mark's got a great post somewhere nicely illustrating that hydrosolate isn't necessary. Just $$.
              thanks for pointing me towards that article. I would get natural factors but I'm one of those people that can't stand the stevia taste :/
              sigpic

              Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
              Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
              With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
              Let me forget about today until tomorrow

              MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
              MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

              Comment


              • #8
                ON has a Natural version of their protein. I like it, but it does use stevia.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I consider protein powder to be something I just don't include in my primal lifestyle. I think it is some of the highest quality and best tasting protein I have ever found, and I'm willing to sacrifice a bit for that.

                  Saying that, the cheapest way I've found to buy large quantities of it is to sign up for an amazon subscription / auto delivery plan.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    My whey supply ended up being smaller than I realized, so I had to run to the store and cough up the cash :/ thanks for the suggestions everyone though.
                    sigpic

                    Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
                    Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
                    With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
                    Let me forget about today until tomorrow

                    MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
                    MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Dave View Post
                      Before you buy anything check out the July 2010 edition of Consumer Reports where they test a bunch of protein drinks for heavy metal contamination. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard was one of the products tested and it had detectable levels of arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury.
                      everything we eat has heavy metals. Everything (except fish oil because it's all molecularly distilled) Certain antixodiants like C and selenium will bond with them and carry them harmlessly from the body.



                      iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X