No announcement yet.

My New Journey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May is a great month to have a birthday. My youngest's is on Monday.

I definitely know what you mean about going out for a meal on Mother's Day. After the last fiasco some 20 years back I said never more and have stuck to that.

Let the lumps prove to be nothing. So sad you have this continuous battle with them.

Cheery drapes, indoor birthday dinner, fence for the amazing Daisy....Life is good.
    Female back to the basics: 5-2017
    CW: 2017: 150
    GW: 130 a dream, I know
    Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Come back.... Miss you.

Comment

• Pam,
        Thank you. I have been lurking around but have not been feeling like posting about myself. Things with E are going great! We have been doing lots of gardening. We planted over 300 plants, mostly in the front. The back yard projects are waiting until we get the fence in and it cools down slightly. It has been hot and extremely humid.

On the not so fun side, I go in Tuesday to get the results of my latest biopsy. I have seven nodules on my thyroid that are over 1cm, some signicantly larger. Three of those popped up since my December ultrasound, so my doctor was concerned. During the test, I stopped counting after the 30th needle jab and even a fine gauge needle leaves a serous mark if you jab it in enough. It looks like I have a huge hicky, even two weeks later. This is my third biopsy of the year and I worry if they keep poking my lumps, they will find something.

Comment

• I'm really sorry you are dealing with undetermined thyroid issues. FWIW, one of my sisters has had a number of nodules on her thyroid for years, without issues. I am one of 7 living sisters and only one of us has no documented thyroid issues (although I think the outlier sister just hasn't had appropriate testing done).

I don't know if these things have been addressed but if I were in your shoes these are questions I'd want answered:
          1. Can/has it been determined, by the biopsies I've had done, if I have Hashimoto's autoimmune disease.. Biopsy is the definitive way to determine that.
          2. What are my free T4, free T3 and thyroid antibody(TPOab, TgAb) results and how have they changed over time?
          3. What, if anything, has my previous cancer issues/treatment contributed to the nodules I am now dealing with. What can I do, if anything, to counteract those things.
          4. Where do I stand, in regards to iodine levels? Would increasing or decreasing iodine help the nodule issues? If this might be an issue, how should I proceed?
          5. What other steps can I take to minimize/shrink my nodules from a diet/lifestyle prospective? ( I'm assuming you are avoiding all things soy.)

I hope this help.

Comment

• VH, I am also sorry to hear about this.

Glad to see marcadav has shared some of her family's experiences with some questions to ask.

300 plants? What kind of plants? Ornamentals, vegetables?

The weather broke here over night. Windows open and I'm a little chilly.

Hang in there.....

Comment

• Will be praying for a good outcome on Tuesday. You are in my thoughts.
              The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

Comment

• V sending supportive thoughts and prayers.
                Female 55
                Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• I have been thinking of you but haven't posted much myself lately. And so I'll be thinking extra good thoughts Tuesday! Thank goodness for E!
                  Last edited by The Walrus; 06-19-2017, 10:51 AM.
                  My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Good luck tomorrow!!!

*I* will be thinking extra, extra, extra, extra, EXTRA good thoughts for you!!!

Julia

Comment

• Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                      I'm really sorry you are dealing with undetermined thyroid issues. FWIW, one of my sisters has had a number of nodules on her thyroid for years, without issues. I am one of 7 living sisters and only one of us has no documented thyroid issues (although I think the outlier sister just hasn't had appropriate testing done).

I don't know if these things have been addressed but if I were in your shoes these are questions I'd want answered:
                      1. Can/has it been determined, by the biopsies I've had done, if I have Hashimoto's autoimmune disease.. Biopsy is the definitive way to determine that.
                      2. What are my free T4, free T3 and thyroid antibody(TPOab, TgAb) results and how have they changed over time?
                      3. What, if anything, has my previous cancer issues/treatment contributed to the nodules I am now dealing with. What can I do, if anything, to counteract those things.
                      4. Where do I stand, in regards to iodine levels? Would increasing or decreasing iodine help the nodule issues? If this might be an issue, how should I proceed?
                      5. What other steps can I take to minimize/shrink my nodules from a diet/lifestyle prospective? ( I'm assuming you are avoiding all things soy.)

I hope this help.
                      This was very helpful! It gave me a guideline to follow with him today.

Comment

• Six of the seven nodules were benign and the seventh seems to be but there were not enough cells in the sample to be certain. I will have a repeat biopsy of that one in three months. No Hashis. We talked about my diet, so I am going to work on getting more iodine into my diet. No more poking of things for a while. Or at least that kind of poking!

Thank you all for the positive thoughts and kind words. Now I can stop the pity party and improve my attitude!

Got my hair cut for the first time in months. It feels so bouncy and the curls are happy again! E will be happy because he likes the crazy curls!

So tired. Haven't been sleeping well. Might take a quick nap before E gets home.

Comment

• Bless you. Easy way to make your man happy.

Take care and stick around here, please.

Comment

• I'm so glad things turned out well!

Comment

• Great news!
                              My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• So pleased to read your news, Val.
                                M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
                                - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Comment

Working...
                                X