No announcement yet.

Warrior in training journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't posted in a while. I have been in such a great place in my life, but I find my food addiciton is rearing it's ugly head. Since Thanksgiving of last year I have gained 20 pounds. I find myself eating crap, feeling like crap. I know it is an addiction for me. This is not a girl complaining, it is an actual problem. Today's journal should show you how much of a problem I am having, and I need to start being accountable and truly make a change. This is not about looking good, I WANT TO BE HEALTHY! I want to look at food as a healthy enjoyment, not a replacement for something that was lacking in my life. So here goes.

1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals- Nope not as of yet. It's 1pm here and I have eaten nothing but crap. I IF'ed for about 16 hours today. So I had a salad, homemade mushroom soup and a chicken sausage last night for dinner. Felt better after eating it

2. Avoid Poisonous Things- No, I had a hot dog, nachos, bagel, cookies, m&ms and a peice of homemade bread. As I write this I am wondering what the hell happened today to make me eat like that. NOTHING! I got hungry, I didn't bring any food with me to work and I binged.

3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace- Walked to work about 20minutes. Walked home about 40 minutes.

4. Lift Heavy Things- Nope, not as of yet, but I am supposed to lift today.

5. Sprint Once in a While- Not today

6. Get Adequate Sleep- 7.5 hours

7. Play- It's supposed to snow I would love to go and play.

8. Get Adequate Sunlight- 10000 IU of D3

9. Avoid Stupid Mistakes- See #2

10. Use Your Brain- Yes and no, my job requires me to use my brain, but at this point in the project it is not a challenge. On the walk home my guy and I stopped to get a warm coffee and ended up playing a rousing game of chess. It was really fun.
    Last edited by amazonmagic; 02-24-2011, 09:06 AM. Reason: Updating from the rest of the night

Comment

Here is my stuff for Thursday Feb 24th. All around a good day I just didn't move as much as I wanted to. Very cold and icy out.

1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals- Yep, salad, avocado, olives, spinach pie and a quarter chicken leg, all organic, even made a smoothy with frozen fruit that i skinned and seeded myself, heavy cream, water and honey.

2. Avoid Poisonous Things- Yes I did, woohoo!

3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace- Walked to work about 20minutes.

4. Lift Heavy Things- Did not lift, feeling very lazy when it comes to lifting, need to motivate!

5. Sprint Once in a While- Nope

7. Play- Not at all

9. Avoid Stupid Mistakes- Yes i did, didn't feel like an idiot at all.

10. Use Your Brain- Just in my job, no puzzles or writing.

Man this thing can be motivational, writing out what I'm doing right and what I could improve on is a WOW moment today.

Comment

Way to go girl, This weather will break soon and we can all get out doors.
        2/7/11 the beginning, 340 and miserable, 3/3/11, 321.5 on my way to 240, on 4/8/12 and then on to a six pack(Failed Miserably) Back 5/19/12 at 342,,,,6/20/12, 315,,,,7/6/12 at 299 ,,,,7/14/12 at 295,,,8/15/12 at 279,,,8/31/12 at 274 ,,, ,,,

Comment

Great you're back on track. It can be tough giving up the poisoness things. It does help to remember how bad they are. Best of luck becoming a warrior.

Comment

So here it is for Friday and the weekend. Did not go well. How long does it take to create a good habit? How long does it take to break a bad habit? Is it different for each person? How does one build there will power or do you just make the choice, decide and do it? Things to ponder on

1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals- I did eat a lot of veggies, salad, spinach, organic meats some good stuff.

2. Avoid Poisonous Things- Unfortunately naughty things were included in those things as well!

3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace- Walked all over the mall and shopping area with my guy on Saturday, it was really quite fun.

4. Lift Heavy Things- Did not lift, feeling very lazy when it comes to lifting, need to motivate!

7. Play- Light play I think. We went to Petsmart and played with all the animals and reptiles there for about an hour, I love golden retrievers they're so sweet.

9. Avoid Stupid Mistakes- Yes.

10. Use Your Brain- Hmm not really, oh wait had a board game night on friday, so YES!

Comment

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch! I sprinted and OUCH! I forgot my snacks and ended up fasting for almost 24 hours yesterday. WOW, not ready for that. I read in Marks recent article that you should be fully primal for about 3 weeks before trying that, and I have to agree he is right. I binged when I got home I was so famished, but thats ok, today is another day.

1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals- Nope not really.

2. Avoid Poisonous Things- More like addictive substance known as pizza, read earlier post on my pizza issues!

3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace- Walked to work about 20 minutes, after the sprint I did a casual jog to the park, not a good idea in retrospect, MY LEGS ARE KILLLING ME!

4. Lift Heavy Things- Yes, and wow it got my heart rate up and muscles burning!

5. Sprint Once in a While- Oh Yeah! But to be honest it was an accident, I was meeting my neice to go for a jog and it began to hail so I ended up running as fast as I could to get to the place of our meeting, stopping only when I had too, about 20 minutes total. Hail will motivate you

6. Get Adequate Sleep- 8 hours

7. Play- Yes but this is not an X rated blog.

9. Avoid Stupid Mistakes- Yes, when the hail got too much I took cover and called a ride, still got about 30 minutes total of sprinting/jogging.

10. Use Your Brain- Hmm? Just for work!

Comment

Well I have been doing great. I lost 2lbs over the weekend and my boyfriend is doing a 30 day challenge as of yesterday. I think is main problem will be the beer, but I can't fault him if his one vice is a beer a day. At least he's trying. I am doing quite well. I fixed a wonderful grass fed chuck roast for dinner last night and we ate with my sister and her husband who are also doing primal. She is doing great and I totally believe she will succeed. I was trying to talk her into before and after pictures, I think she'll do it.

1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals- Oh yeah I did, YUM YUM YUM. Eggs and sausges for breakfast, then chuck roast with roasted veggies and a wine sauce for dinner. I ended up making Nate a primal kale and sausage soup for his lunch this week. The problem with that was keeping him out of it once I cooked it. Men!

2. Avoid Poisonous Things- I did indeed and feel great this morning!

3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace- I had the day off yesterday and got my slow pace moving in running errands, cooking and generally just keeping busy.

4. Lift Heavy Things- Nope not yesterday

5. Sprint Once in a While- Nope, but planning on it some time this week

7. Play- Yes the adult kind! But also lots of laughter and general merriment

9. Avoid Stupid Mistakes- I lads and lasses I did.

10. Use Your Brain- Yes organize, organize organize.

Comment

Last night I tried to make dinner fun, so we had a primal appetizer night. It was 80/20 because lets face it I wasn't really prepared for it, but it did get the man into the spirit of things. Its was actually a good experience because he is realizing where his belly is coming from. We had olives, chicken meatballs (organic of course) with buffalo sauce and a wonderful ranch sauce that has ingredients I can pronounce, a salad with boiled egg, olives and (i can't believe i liked this) GOAT CHEESE! 2oz of that stuff goes a long way and tastes great. We also had some plain fancy cheese and sausage bites. It was an excellent dinner and I was able to stop, but the man is a natural grazer and stuffed himself full, he passed out by 8. This has been very easy to transition back to primal eating, now I just gotta get motivated with the exercise part.

1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals- Oh yeah, see above, yum yum yum.

2. Avoid Poisonous Things- I am not sure about all the dairy I consumed last night, but lets just say my body rid me of it this morning, wow my colon has been cleansed!

3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace- I walked about 30 minutes yesterday, but couldn't find the motivation for anything else.

4. Lift Heavy Things- Nope not yesterday

5. Sprint Once in a While- Nope, but planning on it some time this week

7. Play- Oh yeah, attacked him as soon as I got home.

9. Avoid Stupid Mistakes- Yes, no boo boos, bite marks or bruises (that aren't supposed to be there that is ).

10. Use Your Brain- Yes I have been asked to be involved in a project that holds great potential, had my mind working all day. More on it later as it becomes set in concrete.

Comment

So I had an interesting rest of the week. Its called THE FLU! Here is the crazy part. Apparently this was an unexpected strain that is so bad they are putting people on anti virals. Not me, nope, I beat it with my own immune system and thankfully did not get the diarreha laced strain. I easily stayed primal and slept mostly. The worst of it was Thursday and I was up and moving again by Sunday with no problems. Gotta love it when your body does it's job naturally and easily. I just listened to it the whole time and followed its instructions aka thurst, cravings (all primal thank god), and energy levels. My man did not get it at all. In fact he did a heavy, heavy lifting job for 3 days 12 hour shifts and this morning he went to work saying he felt great! The keto high has kicked in with him. He loves peeing on the stick.

1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals- Yes I did veggies, meat and strawberry smoothies when my throat got soar.

2. Avoid Poisonous Things- Yep, slept and got better.

3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace- Not really just healing.

4. Lift Heavy Things- Nope

6. Get Adequate Sleep- Oh yeah

7. Play- Got out of the house Sunday and walked around a bit but nothing else.

9. Avoid Stupid Mistakes- Yes

10. Use Your Brain- Yes I finished some home projects while sick.
                    Last edited by amazonmagic; 03-14-2011, 08:58 AM.

Comment

We definitely had a 50/50 day yesterday. We had a dinner with his mom and her husband bought coconut cream pie. Yes I had a peice, nope I'm not feeling guilty about it, but strangely enough I was still in ketosis this morning and felt great, probably all the "exercise" we did before dinner!

1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals- Yes I had a piece of egg and spinach pie for lunch chicken and veggies for dinner

2. Avoid Poisonous Things- Nope, but I its ok 80/20 right?

3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace- Just some walking.

6. Get Adequate Sleep- Oh yeah

7. Play- Not giving the details away.

10. Use Your Brain- Working on a project that moves the mind.

Comment

So it has been a few months since I blogged here. I have been in a relationship since November 2010 and happliy maintained my weight loss till it began. He is not primal but supports me in a half ass way. That is not a bad thing. He likes my primal food, but has no problem convincing me to go out to eat or get ice cream. That is not his fault in any way, but mine. I have gained 35 pounds since dating him. He is not as active as I was going into the relationship and does not have a weight problem. He lacks energy and motivation sometimes, which is pretty much are only problem. Today i recieved a slap in the face or to give it a postitive spin a wake up call. I have not seen a certain co worker for quite some time. Today he saw me and the first thing out of his mouth was that I have gained weight and he can see my big love handles. I went into my office and cried like a baby. Not angry at him, because lets face it, he was just telling the truth. I have let this weight gain affect me in so many areas. I am back to wearing big baggy tee shirts to hide my muffin top. I won't weart tank tops in public because my arms have gone from firm to flab, and my sex drive is nill because I have lost the love for myself. I am almost at rock bottom. I feel out of control and don't know if I can do what I need to do. I feel like crying all over again just writing this. I have been so determined to make this relationship work and ensure his happiness I have forgot about my own. We have had a discussion about this and are working on it. Primal makes me happy. I love it. The food is good, the lifestyle great for anyone. I don't have TV because I want no excuses about getting up and moving, but like I said having a man with lack of motivation and a love for TV is hard, so its time I stop dealing and start moving. My weight on monday was 232 the heaviest I have been in 6 years. I can do this, I need help and support. I don't want to whine, this is my fault, but I am making some choices, its time to put me and my life first.

Monday July 11 2011

1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals- 2 cups of salad for dinner, one hamburger patty, 1/2 cup of sauteeded mushroom and onions, 3/4 cup faux spanish rice(cauliflower kind) and 6 Johnsonville better cheddar dogs.

2. Avoid Poisonous Things- The hot dogs were not great, I have a weakness for them, but they are now out of the house.

3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace- Went for a 30 minute slow jog, and biked to and from work on my one speed cruiser my man got me for an early birthday gift, lots of hills so I end up pushing it up quite a bit and its a good work out without going into that chronic cardio shift.

6. Get Adequate Sleep- Some, I have decided I will have to sleep at my house more if he insists on falling asleep to the computer on in the bedroom, it wakes me up as soon as my night mask falls off.

7. Play- No not really

10. Use Your Brain- Not really, I only worked 4.5 hours yesterday and didn't do much.

Comment

Sounds like you're back on track. Good for you!

Comment

BUT! You're back now, right?
                            I'm just your average, legendary superhero, trapped in a lump of flesh.

Scottish Highland Games: a sport where the fat kid gets picked FIRST.

Comment

Man yesterday was an emotional day all together, but I'm here and today is a new day. I slept yesterday and cried it out, got some alone time. I used to meditate at least 30 minutes every day, I haven't for quite a while. I have tried to get back in to the habit over the last few months but have been unable to focus. You mind conjures 1000 different things to think about and I couldn't clear it. Yesterday I did. I dont' know why it popped into my head, but when I was meditating I pictured myself doing the Primal fitness routine, but reaching the numbers I wanted. I saw myself doing it, and I don't mean I saw my entire self. I could picture my hands and the pullup bar as I was doing push ups and pullups. Even in my mind it was hard, but when I realized it was all in my head, this difficulty, it became easy. The nicest meditation I have had in months.

Tuesday July 1 2011

1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals- 2 cups of salad for dinner, 2 hamburger patties

2. Avoid Poisonous Things- No, but I'm moving on

3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace- Rode the bike to and from work then walked up to the mans house lugging that dang thing because I forgot my keys at work and my spares were there.

4. Lift Heavy Things- Nope only in the mind.

6. Get Adequate Sleep- Yeah about 10 hours worth feels good, no alarm woke me up.

7. Play- No not really

10. Use Your Brain- Read a little on negative thinking and the power of postitive thinking. Stay in the moment.

P.S Thanks for the words of the encouragement
                              Last edited by amazonmagic; 07-13-2011, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Go for it chica. The only one that can stop you is you.
                                People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

Working...
                                X