No announcement yet.

Warrior in training journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has it really been two weeks since I wrote? Wow time flies! I haven't been very primal lately, a lot of personal stuff going on and just a little stress(note sarcasm). I can feel it like a small sickness in the body, draining that precious energy away. It's funny how mental problems just manifest into physical ones, trying to get back on track. I am IFing today for 24 hours, trying to get my brain back in focus and off worries I cannot control. IFing has a way of doing that, bringing everything back into focus, probably why I like it so much. So people use this wonderful tool as a punishment for over doing it, I know I am one of them sometimes, but right now it helps me focus my energy where it needs to be, on me and my body. I can get distracted by sweating the small stuff all I want. I can sit at my desk thinking about it, but it doesn't make it go away or fix it, just stresses me, and I don't want nor need it. Went to the lake this weekend, had a great time, a little sunburn popped up, it hurts to wear a bra but I'll manage. Just breathe

Comment

Say a coworker gives you a two foot long zucchini, 3 inch diameter round, and very tasty looking. Now as a primal person, I know that this has been manipulated with hormones to make it grow this much, but I can't throw it away. I look at it and think lasagna, chips, sautéed with butter, sliced with spaghetti sauce and most of all grilled with olive oil and sprinkled with parmesan. Nope I can do it; I'm eating the dang thing! It’s happening, I must embrace it. So I have told my buddy Eric about the primal fitness and he wants to do the test after running today. I am curious to see where I come up on Marks scale. I don't even have to do the pull up test; I know where I am at, but the others will be fun, and doing it with Eric will make it a bit of a competition, did I mention I was a wee bit aggressive and competitive? No? Well now you know.

Comment

hahahaha what test?
        sigpic

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Comment

Nothing wrong with a little aggression and competition. It builds character. At least that's what I tell folks when I win.

Comment

So yesterday begun the 30 day primal challenge, and I figured it would be a good day to re commit myself to primal. I am 80/20 when it comes to the food aspect, but (I won't even give a percentage on the exercise part) not so good with the workouts. I have maintained my weight for a few months now, and am ready to get rid of the rest. I love Marks philosphy about following your motivation. I was so happy to be at my lowest weight since I was 18 that I have just been basking in its glory, but alas my lazyness is starting to cause some muscle loss. I have enlisted Eric and Heather on this primal journey, and Heather has even started a blog here. We walked all over kingdom come and back yesterday avoiding taking cars anywhere. I lifed weights (5 essential movements kicked my ass) last night while she cooked us a primal dinner of some good stuff. This has just made me realize that I forgot to take my chicken out of the freezer so I have no idea what I am eating tonight. Oh well, I'll figure it out. Tonight sprints with Eric, which I have no inclination to due seeing as the rainy season is upon us in Washington, but its why I sprint with Eric, he doesn't take no for an answer when exercise is involved.

Comment

Well surprise, surprise Eric took no for an answer, LOL. I have tomorrow off so I will do my sprints then. Heather and I had a great dinner last night, ended up getting some steak. YUMMY! Exercise wise just walked yesterday, and I notice I'm sleeping alot more. Instead of it being bright and sunny at 6 am or pm it is now dark and shrouded in mystery. Makes a girl want to hibernate.
              Last edited by amazonmagic; 09-15-2010, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Aaah a crisp cool Sunday morning. Fall is here, there can be no denying it now. Well had a little incident over the weekend and now have some stitches in my leg, so no sprinting for a few days but other stuff is fine. My friend Heather and I have a little tradition, we get up on Sunday mornings, hop in the car, grab some coffee and just go where the wind takes us. We've had many great adventures this way, but have decided that today will begin the primal tradition. We will use our feet instead of my wheels. Now I freely admit you are much more limited to the places you can go if you walk but the adventures is only as good as you make it. And lets face it Heather is like a female Indiana Jones, she makes the fun happen. Tonight is chicken and broccoli for dinner, yummy. I'm almost tempted to make a soup out of it, but it would be a cream base and my dairy consumption is one of those things I want to try and weed out. I don't eat alot of dairy at all actually but I do love to cook with heavy cream yummy! Hope all who read this had a fantastic weekend, and you have an even better sunday!

Comment

Monday, Monday, Monday. Well I had a nice relaxing Sunday, went for 4 mile hike on an overcast day then fixed the squash spagetti noodles Mark has in his cook book. Different but good. I unfortunately hit the snooze button 10 times this morning and woke up a little late. That's ok though I have walked all over Egypt and back this morning so I am definitely awake now. Tonight will be left over squash noodles after i walk home and do some quick lifting. On a side note, I saw my former boss today and he said "WOW, you look great, how are you loosing all this weight?" He is a CW kinda guy, so I smiled and simply said "Eating right and exercising." What else could I say?

Comment

So my first week of the 30 day challenge is done. And oh SH!T it's working. I have maintained my weight by eating primal, but as I have said before been kinda lazy on the exercise thing. Well just by walking too and from work, following Marks PB fitness, I dropped 4 pounds this week. WTF, it was effortless. I couldn't believe the scale, I have even been getting compliments on my arms and that my butt is reshaping. Woohoo, go primal.

Comment

You have to love a beautiful and sunny day. Eric and I had a wonderful rib eye dinner(with salad and broccoli) last night, then sat outside in the sun and chatted for a couple of hours just relaxing and enjoying the weather. Alas those gorgeous afternoons are sure to disappear soon, because fall is here and slowly covering everything in her path. The colors are going from the vivid summer green, to the reds, oranges and yellows. Its the kind of weather you want to just walk around in and enjoy. Right now is the best time to go to the parks around here. Kids are practicing their team sports, playing on the swing sets, but with a different look in their eyes. I noticed that in the summer they have a wild free abandonment about them, but when the colors begin to change so do they. They seem to appreciate the outdoors more, they are more concentrated in their task of playing and being free, knowing that in a few short hours they will rest and wake to go to school. I remember those days of homework, soccer practice and blissful sleep. Now its a bit different, I only get the wild abandonment when I know I will be off work for more than 2 days, lol. Just dreamy thoughts!

Comment

Today I am 30. I am leaving my 20's and moving into what I feel like is true adulthood. I spent my evening last night contemplating my life as it is right now, where I want to go, what I'm doing all the strange things that pass through ones mind as they reach a milestone in their life. If you asked me at 29 where I'd be at 30, I would have told you something very different from what reality is today. Time moves so much faster now than I ever thought it could. Health wise I'm the best I've been since I was 18, I want that to migrate to other aspects of my life. I always thought if I focused on one aspect in my life and started doing right by it, all the others would fall into place, turns out I may have to put more effort into those areas. Happy Day all!

Comment

Happy B-day!
                          sigpic

Comment

Thank You 216! I have a twin sister and our birthday party is on Saturday, I am making the pumpkin walnut muffins in the Primal cookbook for my "birthday cake", I will have to post pictures after Saturday. My other sister who is throwing it is making sure primal fare is abundant for me, including the red wine which I don't know if I can handle right now. I think I will take a fat juicy rib eye and grill it up infront of everyone just to say "Its my party and I'll eat rib eye with my bare hands if I want too!" I think it would be fun.

Comment

Well my birthday dinner was wonderful! Had dinner with Eric and Heather, then went to go see the parents. I've been looking through some of these journals (there are a lot out there, but I have a few faves) and the difference in peoples journies are amazing. The inspriration in this forum is phenomenal. I loved Batty's post to all the Grokettes about the scale. It hits home for me. I had just finished reading that when I ran into a fellow co worker and he started asking me about what I was doing to loose weight exercise wise. I mentioned sprinting and the look of shock on his face was unbelieveable. The average adult can't grasp the concept that sprinting is fun! We used to do it all the time as kids, Eric and I moved to a playground from the high school track now that school is in again and it was like flying. Your legs remember the feeling of just running, of racing to see if you can win. I wonder what it would be like to take my younger nieces with me sometime and see if I could get them to race with me. Any way back to the subject, my coworker looked at me and said "As long as your doing this for you and not to land some guy!" I looked at him like he just let out a loud fart! I couldn't believe he would say that, but then I remembered Battys post. It's true six, maybe even 3 years ago I was trying to look better to land a guy, but its finally in my head to be healthy. I don't do this so I look good in a bathing suit (that's just an added bonus), I do this so I can shovel snow in the winter without killing myself, so I can go hiking and enjoy the nature without resting every ten minutes, so I can play with the young people in my life and show them that life is not about tv and computer, but about something more.

Comment

So I have been looking through alot of the journals, and I really like the 10 primal rules format. Does it make me unoriginal? Maybe, but its less time on the computer and more time to play, so I'll go with that.

1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals- I'm IFing for about 23 hours today, trying to detox from my Birthday bash this weekend, naughtiness was abundant and galore! I have cod, fresh broccoli and zucchini lasagna at home waiting for me, no excuses not to eat primal tonight!

2. Avoid Poisonous Things- So far yes, but alas still have the nicotine habit, horrible I know, please feel free to ridicule and demoralize for said practice. Guilt works with me, but so does motivational pictures and taunts.

3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace- Walked to work about 40 minutes, and will be walking home from work, another 40.

4. Lift Heavy Things- Yep
                                Inclined Push ups- 15 & 11 (hurt my shoulder trying to do negative pull ups, felt it in the second round)
                                Negative pushups- 3 & 3
                                Chair squats- 30 & 26 (felt the burn on the second set WOW!)
                                Assisted Jack Knife- 12 & 12
                                Full arm plank- 45sec & 45 sec (love it)

5. Sprint Once in a While- Not today

6. Get Adequate Sleep- 7.5 hours good enough for me (weird dreams, detoxing horrible carbs always causes crazy dreams), also will be purchasing a new mattress this week, I can't wait, you'll be hard pressed to get me out of bed once that happens

7. Play- Not yet, still at work

8. Get Adequate Sunlight- 5000 IU of D3 and walk home should be good (living in the great northwest we are limited)

9. Avoid Stupid Mistakes- See #2, bring on the growling!

10. Use Your Brain- Yes work is actually exhausting my brain lately, hoping to practice a little guitar tonight to relax, play and use the brain.
                                Last edited by amazonmagic; 09-21-2010, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X