Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My primal journal, assuming grok knew how to write...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My primal journal, assuming grok knew how to write...

so, everyone seems to have one of these journals. this prompted me to make my own, but I do not promise to keep up with it haha. Basically, I started, unknowingly, moving towards a primal life a year ago by cutting out processed foods, and limiting carbs. Not because I researched it, but it seemed to make sense. I also started exercising then. Main motivation was a lack of satisfaction with my own health. However, the greatest motivation was having to witness my mother suffer from chronic fibromyalgia and my girlfriend, who I love to death, suffer from the rarest (and most painful) form of scoliosis. I wanted to make sure I insured my health for the future and prevented any more serious injury. Currently my only serious ailment is my totally F#%ked arch in my left foot, and my HORRIBLE allergies haha. found crossfit a month ago, and officially found paleo/primal 2 weeks ago.still learning to deal with people thinking I'm crazy haha.

so I spent most of today researching vitamins, will significant assistance from cillakat, and finally purchased:
    magnesium supplement
    fish oil
    multi vitamin
    and a vitamin d supplement
    all of which I excited to receive in the mail. Also looking into ordering a lot of whey (since its going to jump in price soon) and coconut oil.

also, Hello everyone!
    sigpic

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
    Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
    With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
    Let me forget about today until tomorrow

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
    MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

Originally posted by rok out with ur grok out View Post
    However, the greatest motivation was having to witness my mother suffer from chronic fibromyalgia and my girlfriend, who I love to death, suffer from the rarest (and most painful) form of scoliosis...... Currently my only serious ailment is my totally F#%ked arch in my left foot, and my HORRIBLE allergies.......
    *waves*

Scoliosis and fibromyalgia are also probably triggered by D deficiency so maybe they'll get on board - at least with the D? I dealt with fibromyalgia symptoms for years and chronic fatigue, muscle weakness and lots more. the first entry in my journal has the whole list.

Allergies

Quercetin is great for the allergies (2caps 3x per day)..but of course, so are allergy meds and they're probably the safest drugs to use so I wouldn't worry about using them. http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas...sules/120?at=0

Whey

Natural Factors Whey Factors (I use chocolate and vanilla....they come in small and large containers)
    http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Factors...-oz-340-g/6650

Coconut Oil
    Nutiva, Organic Extra Virgin, 54 oz for $23ish. Amazing price.
    http://www.iherb.com/Nutiva-Organic-...32-g/7311?at=0

Nutiva, Organic Raw Extra Virgin, 54 oz for $28ish. Stronger flavor than the above.
    http://www.iherb.com/Nutiva-Raw-Coco...6-l/23421?at=0

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

I dealt with fibromyalgia symptoms for years and chronic fatigue, muscle weakness and lots more
      wow, just read your list, sounds a lot like my girlfriend, except scoliosis instead of fibromyalgia. My girlfriend has the whole anxiety, depression issues, fatigue, muscle weakness, I also think she has low blood sugar do to her moodiness when she has eaten in a while. But both my mother and girlfriend take vitamin D. mother seems to like it, girlfriend said it didn't do much for her.
      sigpic

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
      MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

Comment

Welcome, rok out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kuno1chi View Post
          Welcome, rok out!!!
          thanks!
          sigpic

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
          MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

Comment

did the usual for breakfast. eggs and bacon with a cup of black coffee. had some whey for lunch. This summer is killing me. way too bored. Really wish someone would hurry up and hire me! Ready to get off this rest day and get back to crossfit tomorrow!
            sigpic

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
            MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

Comment

so, this morning I didn't feel like cooking. decided to throw a bunch of canned ham and tuna in a bowl with this organic mayo my mom had bought. sort of a lazy-man's tuna/ham salad. then I went to do my usual crossfit workout. when I got done I felt like I was going to spew my organs out. found out my body isn't too fond of mayo made with canola oil. LESSON LEARNED.
              had some squash from the farmer's market, frozen green bean's, and some chicken for dinner. bought to have my usual whey. then may sit down tonight with some fresh brewed tea and my favorite, Blackberries. waiting for my banana's to ripen for tomorrow so I can have the glorious banana and almond butter combo.
              sigpic

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
              MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

Comment

I ended up not working out today. Got caught up looking for jobs, which, by the way, seem impossible to come across this summer. Did my usual bacon and eggs today, then whey protein and berries for lunch, chicken with hamburger meat, tomatoes and green beans or dinner, then had some tea and a banana with almond butter for an after dinner snack. i got stung by a wasp today doing yard work. it stung like a mother f#*&er and now my finger is all swollen. Wasp stings hurt so much worse than bee stings!!!!! anyways, my vitamins and supplements come in tomorrow, HORRAY!!!!
                sigpic

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
                MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

Comment

If you've noticed, I haven't posted the past couple of days. this is mainly do to the fact I felt like crap from a lack of sleep. think I fixed it last night though with a does of melatonin. Finally found a "whole foods" type store in my town, Murfreesboro, but you can tell its geared towards those vegan types. It was really small, expensive, and had a lot of crap I didn't care for. I have nice headache today that is most likely a result of my workout yesterday. My neck muscles tend to tense of up after upper body work, sometimes enough to cause headaches. Still can't find a job, so not exactly sure how I'm gonna pay for school. I really wish I could find a damn job. On the upside, my primal diet is going great and so are my workouts. I hope to see results from my new vitamins a couple weeks too. Oh, and I'm a newly discovered tea fanatic. Finally posted some starting point photos in my profile under "albums" too.
                  Last edited by rok out with ur grok out; 06-11-2010, 03:32 PM.
                  sigpic

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
                  MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

Comment

So I made my fitday journal public, so check there for my food consumption today. you can find the link in my signature under my post. Sorta been slipping on my primal life by consuming way more fruit than I should haha, but hey! its strawberry season!!!!! Also, I'm like !00% sure that there was vegetable oil in that salad dressing at Caraba's today... good thing I have fish oils!!!! little under a month till my birthday, hopefully I'll have a job by then haha. Been resting the today and yesterday, so no workouts. Letting the muscles have some to recover. Probably gonna run sprints tomorrow then back to crossfit monday!!!! Wish I could get some vff's or some tara plana's, but my budget simply doesn't have the room for them right now :/
                    sigpic

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
                    MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

Comment

sorry for not being on the forums for a while. Life's just been busy. SO, the 50% discount on marks new product package is amazing and I will be getting it. Also, I had my ass thoroughly kicked this week working out, and am quite sore (in a good way). I have been loving my new smoothie with strawberries, whey protein, coconut oil, sometimes fage, and a little bit of pure coco powder. sooooooooo good. Btw I am incredibly bored with veggies. never been much of a fan in the first place. I'm tempted just to throw a bunch in my smoothie machine and chug them so I can get the nutrients without the boring taste. Def feels good to be back on the website though. Glad life has slowed down a little.
                      sigpic

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
                      MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

Comment

Soooooo,I'm dropping fruit and dairy now Not cold turkey, but Hopefully 98% by July 10th (my birthday). I've kept under 50 carbs for the past couple of days, which I'm trying to do more often. I usually stay around 50-80 carbs. Zinc and potassium seem to be low lately though, so I'm gonna need to fix that. Stopped taking my antibiotic for my face so that I can start taking probiotics for my gut Finally going to ditch this buzzcut that ROTC gave me. Will post a pic later this week, and am glad to finally have some hair on my head again (and so is the girlfriend). Well, today was pretty shitty as my father blatantly called me a disappointment and a failure as a son and a person becasue I've decided to quite ROTC and not join the army. Not that I have anything against it, just not the right career for me. So, I have decided to move out as I can't live with a man who sees me as a disappointment, and will be on my own at the ripe age of 19. My mother is even backing me on this decision as my father crossed a line that can't be taken back. Gotta educate myself on stuff like health insurance now, I guess. Oh, and my Aunt may die this week cuz she may have an infection in her liver or her kidney from where the doctors went in and cut out a lot of here intestines due to some digestive issue. so this day has been great
                        sigpic

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
                        MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

Comment

{{{{{{hugs you}}}}}

I was driving to and from Louisville on Fri and Sat and thought of you when I drove past murfreesboro.

I'm sorry your dad is being difficult. My dad and I didn't speak for a couple of years when I was about your age. :/

And I'm terribly sorry about your Aunt.

Katherine

Comment

Originally posted by rok out with ur grok out View Post
                            mother seems to like it, girlfriend said it didn't do much for her.
                            probably because she seems to have a lot of other stuff going on as well - likely magnesium and zinc deficiency topping the list.

how much was she taking?

K

Comment

Originally posted by cillakat View Post
                              {{{{{{hugs you}}}}}

I was driving to and from Louisville on Fri and Sat and thought of you when I drove past murfreesboro.

I'm sorry your dad is being difficult. My dad and I didn't speak for a couple of years when I was about your age. :/

And I'm terribly sorry about your Aunt.

Katherine
                              thanks reasons to stay on the primal diet seem to surround me, such as my mother, girlfriend, and now my Aunt. As far as my father is concerned, its part of growing up in an army family. its either their way or the highway.

probably because she seems to have a lot of other stuff going on as well - likely magnesium and zinc deficiency topping the list.

how much was she taking?
                              I have no idea, but I'd like to say somewhere around 10000. I told her that she is most likely low in magnesium and zinc, but she is very stubborn and doesn't like drastic life changes. So trying to get her to except my current lifestyle has proven improbable. She seems to think none of what I do is backed by science, otherwise it would be how the majority of the world ate. I think dealing with her scholiosis has caused her to give up on finding a fix for her pain
                              sigpic

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
                              MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

Comment

Working...
                              X