No announcement yet.

Journal - Mick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info on the kvass (may give it a miss!) and the yogurt--I'll check out that website for cultures (I'd really like to get that nice, thick almost-cream-cheese texture!)

Comment

i usually make my own black pudding i think i have the recepy in my journal (not the challenge journal but the normal one) and i love it with horseraddish paste and siple granny smith apple wedges

challenge yourself
      i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

I threw the kvass away. I'd strained it off and put it in a large kilner jar, but every time I opened or shut the fridge some managed to find its way through the lid seal. It doesn't seem to have fermented, although it might have in time. I just can't be bothered with it.

I've got hold of a piima culture now. That'll make a change from yoghurt.

Found a jar of virgin coconut oil in a health food shop yesterday. Also picked up a few herbal teas. I hardly touch coffee now, and it doesn't taste particularly good to me when I do, although I used to enjoy it a lot. It's funny how fast your tastes can change. People who say things like, "I couldn't drink it without sugar," are mistaken. Give it a couple of weeks and they wouldn't care for it with. It's just what you're accustomed to.

I also bought some unpasteurized Vacherin Fribourgeois cheese. It seems to be Swiss from the Fribourg canton. Looking forward to that.

Some swimming and some gardening this weekend, I hope.

Comment

[quote]

i usually make my own black pudding i think i have the recepy in my journal (not the challenge journal but the normal one) and i love it with horseraddish paste and siple granny smith apple wedges </blockquote>

Yeah, better to make it.

Are the apples slices fried or raw? I&#39;ve seen some French pork recipes with apple slices fried in butter, which sounds nice.

Speaking of which, I usually eat my apples raw, but I did see recently that fruits that are high in pectin can be kinder to the stomach cooked, which got me remembering how my mother used to make us baked apples and stewed apples.

Comment

i like them raw but i will definately try them fried in butter NOW

challenge yourself
            i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

Mick, I made beet kvass last weekend. I quite liked the taste. Must try making kombucha too. I can get the starter from health stores right? I noticed you&#39;re an adherent of WAPF principles. I&#39;ll be so happy if my family starts with WAPF even if they don&#39;t go completely primal. I sent my sister the NT book and I hope she reads it and it piques her interest.

Comment

Working...
              X