No announcement yet.

AT goes Grokette

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgot to say that I got some great positive feedback at work today - I got me a mention in despatches. My boss and I still aren't too sure what its about but I've been "put forward" for the monthly nominations. As I say not sure exactly what the monthly nominations are, but it was very nice to get a mention. One of our area directors had nice things to say about my pro-activeness and attention to detail in providing help in relation to the requirements of the clients I audit for. She also mentioned that it was good to have me back doing one of the roles that had not been picked up since i left, and has now come back to me

Comment

• Primal check-in

Food:
      B: mackerel, banana, brazil nuts
      L: home-made leek & potato soup, meatloaf, banana, cashew nuts
      S: cheese, pistachio nuts
      D: gammon & egg, potato dish (like dauphinois), green beans & savoy cabbage

Exercise: walk to and from work and Ingress at lunch-time; box press-ups, squats & tree pose

Play: games

Brain: languages, B's homework

Sleep: 7h 12m - and far better quality than the previous two nights. DH is under orders again tonight, but has had a pint tonight and is threatening to eat cake. Although I have left him some of my menthol throat sweets to see if that clears his nose.

Comment

• despatches - always good for the career and soul. Congrats.

Hope you get some sleep tonight.
        Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
        CW: 10-11-16: 144
        GW: 130 a dream, I know
        Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Odds and ends

B's boot and crutches were taken away yesterday, so now the real healing can begin. He's showing typical teenage reluctance to do as he is told, and everything is "I can't" - just makes me want to shake him. I get really wound up by that phrase - there is only wont!

>>>>>

Chris mentioned blogging, reminded me that I have similar thoughts. I'm looking to use it as a medium to gather some thoughts on two or three things that I would like to express more. To get my facts in order etc. and truly internalised <-- my new favourite word, sorry!. My "passions" get more passionate when I have time and focus for them. I know how ridiculous it sounds but it is what it is. These are the values that are suppressed by doing the have-to's of daily life. The ones I aspire to. The beliefs I want to be remembered for!

Comment

• I have to hand it to you for taking on the mothering task. It is not an easy task. I feel you show B such good habits and expect good behavior from him. That is good. hard for you but good for him. I certainly hope he respects you. Clapping hands for hanging in there.

~~~~~
            You are so deep. I can see why you need focus time. You'll get there, I'm certain.

Comment

• Thanks, Pam. LOL. Re-reading that now you can just see the frustration screaming on the page - and it was all over in five minutes. Being able to vent here is marvellous. But should be curtailed a little I suppose, lest it grow taxing to those who read.

>>>>

Deep? Moi? I've always thought of myself as relatively shallow. While I don't like material goods, I am very hedonistic - now there's a good word. But that said, I do like a good soap box to stand on, so maybe I'm not entirely self-serving

Comment

• Should be mentioning also that despite the waywardness of my diet at present I do seem to have remarkable amounts of energy.

I am staying focused and on task for between 12 and 15 hours per day. I stay a lot more focused at work, and I have my task list on Habitica to work from when I get home, and I check it all off most days.

I'm back to feeling awesome.

I should add that I have managed three days grain free, too, but would note that I have been feeling good for a week, maybe ten days or so - despite Monday afternoon's little tummy blip.

Gotta hope it continues and is not overwhelmed by the impending kitchen clean and Christmas decorating tasks of the weekend

Comment

• Primal check-in

Food:
                  B: mackerel, banana, brazil nuts
                  L: meatloaf, salmon & cream cheese parcels, fruit pack, veg crisps
                  S: Bounty
                  D: roast peppers stuffed with savoury mince, with cabbage & carrots
                  - there may be some more chocolate on my horizon

Sleep: not bad despite DH's pint. He did wake me briefly and I had a more restless night in general, but again no real impact on my functioning. 7h 12 mins (yes, again!) but 15x restless for 26 mins.

Daylight: yay! we got a bright day. quite cold and blustery, too. Got walks to and from work and up and down the high street at lunchtime.

Exercise was supplemented by a quick dance session to some of my current new favourite Brad Paisley tracks. Tree pose again for 30s each leg.

Play: FB games, Ingress

Brain: language practice

Comment

• Just re-potted three plants! I'm pretty sure that wasn't on the to do list. That's what happens when you get fed early - LOL

Comment

• Check-in

Sleep - better, but I was mid dream when I was woken up this morning, which always throws me off for the day. Am tired now, but hopefully not over tired.

Food: Brek - fasted, no choc before bed last night but flavoured crisps - felt rough this morning. Lunch: meatloaf, leek & potato soup, celery & Boursin. Dinner: full English breakfast with a jacket potato & butter. Snacks - there have been mince pies!

Exercise: walks to and from work, and at lunch - 34 active minutes

Brain: languages, B's homework.

Play: FB games.

Repotted three plants. Am slowly getting on with decluttering my "away" bags and the sofa. Getting the kitchen in order as the Christmas items start to take up space.

Comment

• Christmas jumper dress down tomorrow. I could never wear a jumper in our office as it is too hot, so I wear a Christmas themed t-shirt instead. Having worn my two Taz t-shirts in previous years, for this year I have acquired a Guns N Roses t-shirt - the skulls are wearing santa hats

Comment

• Very nice!
                          Female 55
                          Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                          Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Must purchase some Christmas gear. I'll wait until after the holidays.

You = cute.

Comment

• So its two weeks to Christmas and I walked to work in just a jumper - unbelievably mild

Sent from my SM-N910F using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• All the wrong food today - it started with chocolates in the office before 10am and went down hill from there really Silly season began in earnest today!

Walk to and from work - the from part with a very heavy shopping bag.

Played games and Ingress. Brain = languages. Sleep = under 7 hours but I went to sleep early and woke up early naturally, so I guess that was a win!

>>>>>

The rest of my Lego order arrived today - typically, seeing as I have a lot to do this weekend and am not likely to get round to it! Well, I'm guessing on what it was, I suppose I should open the parcel and make sure its the right thing!!

Comment

Working...
                                X