No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably smart to IF before a presumably-huge Thanksgiving feast like that! Might make it more enjoyable despite the pep-rally aspects of the Official Company Party.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Jenny, I'm actually not IFing. It's liable to have grains EVERYWHERE. I wouldn't be surprised if they battered and deepfried the turkey. So I'll eat lunch and have a primal snack before I leave.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Thanks, Bone!
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Oh, whoops -- misunderstood, then!

A breaded turkey. Wow. Mind-melting concept... Ugh.
          "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Yeah. THat's why I had that breath taking Caldo de Res again for lunch. The potatos were whole enough this time that I could fish them completely out.
            Do we have any DFW area folks that read my journal? Anyone that'll be in DFW the Friday after Thanksgiving?
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• The party was actually better than anticipated, by far. You get these folks out of the office and they really loosen up. Or maybe it was just me losing the cool professional exterior for awhile. Or maybe it was the stiff margaritas and the red wine. Either way, it didn't go half bad.
              Dinner: 6 oz frozen margarita (20%),3 sips red wine (PB semi approved), a cubic ass ton of roasted turkey, Southern green beans (needed more bacon), mashed taters (had the lumps and the skin, so I think it was from scratch, PB semi approved), canned cranberry sauce (20%, I love the stuff), tres leches cake (an eensy weensy slice (1/2" X 1"), still can't turn that down, 20%), and the innards of a slice of pumpkin pie (PB approved + sugar). Not bad, given that I was expecting much, much worse.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Yay! I am glad to read that you survived the party. We had our Thanksgiving Feast today too, and I didn't do half bad
                Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

• Sounds like a party I could go to and have a chow without a constant sneer on my face while eying the food. Glad you had a good time!
                  Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

• Oh, there were rolls, and cornbread stuffing and other SAD approved Thanksgiving things. But I loaded my plate(s) down so heavy with the savory fuds that no one asked where my rolls/ stuffing/ whatever were. Probably just figured it was under everything else.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Today's eats:
                      1 venti Americano
                      2 oz pork rinds (not chicharonnes, pork rinds)
                      Genghis Grill
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Ugh- Feeling mildly nauseous. Could be any of these things: The coffee (it has a tendency to turn my innards to liquid and expedite the digestive process), the magnesium (while it does expedite the process, it generally doesn't do so quite so distressingly), being around Guy Who's Allergic To Everything all day (he smokes like a chimney and occasionally after prolonged exposure, cigarette smoke'll do that to me), the canola oil at Genghis grill (They were out of butter; I doubt this is the reason), visiting a plague rat buddy (he and his kid have been down with various digestive bugs since his kid went into day care; I don't believe that it's this one, it doesn't feel like a bug.) It's feeling more like a mix of the coffee and the magnesium. Just the digestive Urg you get after you down stuff that really greases the pipes.
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Eww! I'd rather have pain than that! Feel better today!
                          Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
                          Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
                          Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Comment

• Wow. Gettin' stufe done today. Halfway through my mending pile (including already mending 3 moth holes in 2 of my cashmere sweaters invisibly from both sides), cleanin' the lab, doin' laundry, possibly gettin in a ritual before goin over to the in- laws place, buying some new luggage (ours is quite literally falling apart), and gettin' my kitchen clean. All this is part and parcel to gearing up to leave for Dallas wed night.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                              Wow. Gettin' stufe done today. Halfway through my mending pile (including already mending 3 moth holes in 2 of my cashmere sweaters invisibly from both sides), cleanin' the lab, doin' laundry, possibly gettin in a ritual before goin over to the in- laws place, buying some new luggage (ours is quite literally falling apart), and gettin' my kitchen clean. All this is part and parcel to gearing up to leave for Dallas wed night.
                              Hey there, hot stuff!!!
                              'Cause you're SMOKIN through those projects

Comment

• Well, the ritual didn't happen because the washer tried to commit suicide because of a loose button. Geek removed the button from the water exhaust pipe and the washer was fixed, but that took up time that was going to be my ritual. Didn't get the kitchen mopped or swept, didn't alter 3 of the shirtsbut everything else happened and I went bra shopping (online, I wear a size impossible to find in stores.)
                                Dinner: at the in-laws. 1.5 chix breasts, 1/2 c mashed potatoes and a salad of romaine, 1 tomato, and a couple cuke slices w/ low fat balsamic vinegar (everything was even worse.)
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X