Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Just4ME View Post
    "If they can't/ won't help themselves and have to drama everything up, then I won't offer help.
    The hard part's going to be to remember that."

Amen!
    +2

And I'm glad you are feeling better
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Alright, what kind of gringo scum chicken fries a chile relleno?! 'Cause that's what this freak of a restaurant (supposed to have the best relleneo in the Basin) served me, covered with gringo queso. As insult to injury, the "heat" in their salsa was onion. Best in the Basin my ass... Rellenos are usually fairly primal around here too. Hrmph!

Thanks, WnC.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• lol!

Wow, I don't want to upset you today
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Nah, I'm not really upset about it, just irritated and miffed that I had to use my 20% on such a crappy restaurant.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Ok, I don't want to irritate you today

And yeah, having to use your 20% on something you didn't expect sucks...
            "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
              Mimi, I have a breakfast tea blend, I put twice what I normally would into the tea basket, and I let it steep for the original amount of time.
              I'm heading out shopping in a few - as soon as I finish nomming my eggs in chili - and I plan on getting some new teas. My coffee has stopped being as fun now that I gave up the sugar-free Torani syrups I was putting in them, and I've been drinking more tea. Having a love affair with Chai right now.
              Does the breakfast tea blend have caffeine in it?
              Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
              http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
              Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

Comment

• Unless you specifically get the decaf version (DON'T, it makes crappy tea), then yes, all the breakfast blends do. I generally use the Scottish and Irish Breakfast teas, but those are STRONG stuff, damn near chewy in their full bodiedness. If you like chai, I'd aim you towards a flavored white, english breakfast, or lady/ earl gray. If you like a very fullbodied tea, then the breakfast blends are a good choice.
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Ugh. Fuck, I feel crappy again. TOM never affects me this way (aside from the bloat.) The nausea's back, I'm frigid even with ym space heater going full blast and wearing a sweater over my shirt and drinking hot tea, I hurt in most of the joints I've busted up over the years (both wrists, both ankles, 1 knee, and my upper back), and I'm kinda... floaty headed. It may be the flu. It sure as hell'd better not be. I can't afford to take a day without pay (since I don't have sick leave until February.)
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• You had me at Scottish!
                    sigpic

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Comment

• I am going to put my fist through the nearest object, I swear to god. "This project is due by 5 o'ck tomorrow." It's been on back burner, now suddenly it's due tomorrow. I shift gears, get to trying to get that one ready (including and engineer's report) when I get another damn phone cal from the asshole who can't do his own damn research. Now I have to chase around the FAA website and probably up and down the FAA phone ladder itself for a piece of information. Today's been a shitty day as is, now it looks like I may have to work late through what the hell ever this gunk is too. I'm going to put my fistor foot through the nearest object, I swear to god!
                      ETA: Well of COURSE my online radio decides that this is the exact time to start fucking up. OF COURSE. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
                      Last edited by naiadknight; 11-16-2010, 02:25 PM.
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                        Unless you specifically get the decaf version (DON'T, it makes crappy tea), then yes, all the breakfast blends do. I generally use the Scottish and Irish Breakfast teas, but those are STRONG stuff, damn near chewy in their full bodiedness. If you like chai, I'd aim you towards a flavored white, english breakfast, or lady/ earl gray. If you like a very fullbodied tea, then the breakfast blends are a good choice.
                        I found one today called "Morning Thunder" I also got more chai and a blueberry.
                        Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
                        http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
                        Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

Comment

• now that I've relaxed a little, I realized why I have been on edge and pretty snarly today: in addition to all the crud listed above, AND female issues, I've had a headache for the past 3 hours that's just been getting worse. I don't have any Aleve at this office yet, either, so I'm stuck with it until I get home.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Hope the rest of you day goes more smoothly.

Comment

• Thanks, Ben. I'll be better once I can get home in bed.
                              So, while cruising the web, I found something that would be a perfect vacation gift for my husband. no monry this year, but maybe if it falls similar to this next year.
                              1) Friday: TSO in chicago
                              2) Saturday: relaxing and having fun
                              3) Sunday: bears v. Eagles @ soldier stadium
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Breathe

{{{HUGS}}}
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X