No announcement yet.

Naiadknight's chronicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the crocheted ewok (cute!), if you go to Lion Brand's website and search under their free crocheted patterns, there's a Halloween owl ornament who's body would probably work. I'd toss in some extra stitches to make the bottom fatter, and then decrease stitches to form the stubby legs. I figure the ears are easy enough to wing (looks like a fan of single stitches), and for the arms, there's also a free pattern for an octopus, yank the instructions for the arms. As for the cloak, no idea, looks like hdc and single stitches formed around.

(oh, and you have to register for the free patterns, but that's free as well)

Comment

• I LOVE that you can figure this shizz out, unsuperb <3

Comment

• This one is available for free.
        http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/wicket-the-ewok

Here is the blog for it incase you are not on ravelry.
        http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/20...cket-ewok.html
        Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

• Hi Naiad,

It is great to here you are loving your new job. Congrats on the progress you are doing great! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
          Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

• Breakfast yesterday: 1/4 chayote squash in butter and pie spices. (not doin that one again, chayote belongs in savory dishes) 3 sl bacon, 1 small avocado, 2 eggs over wilted spinach with red bell and tomato.
            Dinner: Went over to a good friend's house to clebrate her house going on the market. She had actually read up on how I'm eating and tried to find a middle ground between that and what everyone else would eat. Roasted turban squash stuff ed with a wild rice/ sausage stuffing, chili (she used cornstarch, but meh.) For everyone else there was cheese and crackers (I ate some of the goat's milk Spanish cheese as an experiment.) Then she whips out the tin of cookies. She had tried to make a variation on my chocolate bombs and added oatmeal. While I know oatmeal doesn't count, she at least tried. I ate 3 of those. Had 2 beers, she'd stocked up her fridge with enough beer for a party 3 times that size and made sure she'd grabbed a couple dark/ stout ones for me (that's the kind I can have without a hangover.)
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Body fat% as of today (possibly inaccurate due to oatmeal last night): 22%
              Unsuperb @ Nutmeg: Thanks! I may make him and several friends (Jawas, R2, etc) for ornaments for the tree this year. I have several amigurimi sites I visit, so I can doctor other patterns for them.
              Manda- The bath actually helped immensely for abt 24 hrs. I think a large part of why mine hurts worse in the morning is my pillow. It's not tall enough for the way I sleep and doesn't have enough filling.
              Kev- It's great having a job you love. Weekend's going great. Hope yours is going well!
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• You inspired me to try to knit a scarf again, yeah I am no good at it. SO far I have casted on 32 stitches, well it was 34 so I had to take some off...lol
                Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

• Dinner: spag sauce with Italian sausage, over sauteed carrot and zuke.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                    Dinner: Went over to a good friend's house to clebrate her house going on the market. She had actually read up on how I'm eating and tried to find a middle ground between that and what everyone else would eat. ... She had tried to make a variation on my chocolate bombs and added oatmeal. While I know oatmeal doesn't count, she at least tried.
                    That was nice of her to try
                    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse
                    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                      I think a large part of why mine hurts worse in the morning is my pillow. It's not tall enough for the way I sleep and doesn't have enough filling.
                      Naiad, my pillows were super-old, and I just bit the bullet and replaced them yesterday.
                      OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!

You deserve comfortable pillows

Comment

• Originally posted by kuno1chi View Post
                        Naiad, my pillows were super-old, and I just bit the bullet and replaced them yesterday.
                        OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!

You deserve comfortable pillows
                        +20
                        Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I swapped out my pillow for a firmer one that we keep on hand (it's one of the ones Husband bought and put away after it didn't work for him.) We'll see if that one works. My previous one (as in used up until last night) has a tendency to be fluffy everywhere EXCEPT where my head is, courtesy my tendency to move my shoulder/ head towards the wall at the head of the bed during the night.
                          Ok, I really need to get to bed now. Laundry's done. (By the by, if used in the correct concentration, Dawn (yes, the dish soap) is a killer grease remover from clothing.)
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Huh. My neck doesn't hurt today and I got very little sleep, which usually makes it worse. This pillow could actually be the right one for me.
                            Breakfast: Grande Cafe Americano, black. I've never actually drank black coffee before, just found it absolutely disgusting. Had it black today (I needed to wake up before my staff meeting and knew I wouldn't have time to get my tea going.) I don't remember coffee having any other flavor than bitter, but this was decent black. Huh. (By the by, I NEVER drink coffee in the morning, unless I need an emergency caffeine hit. I think the last time I had morning coffee was working at the city, and even then it was a blonde coffee, rather than black)
                            Last edited by naiadknight; 11-15-2010, 10:52 AM.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• I am too, Bone. As to the coffee being bitter, I think it was more my tastes pre- PB that made it bitter.
                              Lunch: taco salad, minus the shell and sour cream, of course. skirt steak, caramelized onions, tomato, iceberg lettuce.
                              Dinner: ??? Husband's out of town tonight, so it's just me. Brussel sprouts, broccoli (par-boiled before roasting), and something else. I may run by the HEB and see what seafood's on sale. I think I need to start taking my selenium pills again, because my cravings are back where they were a few months ago for seafood and other selenium rich foods.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• I definitely need to mount The Big Blue Clue Bat in my office. TxDoT is being more moronic and legality minded than usual today. I would use said implement, but I have no desire to drive to Lubbock to get blood on my nice clean bat.
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X